Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Discovery Commercial
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
t_m77

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Discovery Commercial

I have the great fortune to have a commercial XS as a company car, its a genuine LR conversion not an after market one.
The plastic panels over the rear door glass have been removed by the dealer, and just clip in, the glass is really dark and from the outside does not look any different,
Does anyone know if within the the rear doors there are the motors fitted for the windows or if the doors are empty inside? And how do I rremove the door card to have a look?
The only reason for asking, is that with two dogs in the back sometimes a bit of air from the windows would be nice.

Thanks

TM

Post #4482241st Apr 2009 10:18 pm
mayoman

Ireland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

As far as i know in ireland at least they just remove the seats, seat belts and the wiring for the windows is disconnected. These vehicles came into ireland as normal passenger ones so im not sure on the newer UK spec Commercial but pop off the window switch and have a look in.

Post #4491143rd Apr 2009 6:00 pm
JMC

Scotland 

More likely the window electrics are disconnected at the regulator - needs the door trim to be removed to reconnect. It is possible to re-fit simply by removing the lower portion of the door trim but you need very small hands to do it without removing the hidden screws to get the whole panel off.

The electrical connector slides vertically upwards into a plastic receptor like a short runway and clicks into place.

First time I did this it took me half an hour to work out how to remove the whole door trim. Once I'd sussed it out, the other side was done from the small space allowed by removing the bottom of the door trim only. It took two minutes and a lot of swearing and scratched hands. Embarassed
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #4491283rd Apr 2009 6:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
t_m77

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Had a look today, it was very easy. Shocked
Ended up taking the door card off because the connector to the motor was encased in sealer. Removed this pushed in and it worked well it would have done if the same sealer had not been applied to the window edge settting it to the door trim. But that came away in the end!!!
Even connected the puddle light in the bottom of the door card. Thumbs Up

Post #48796127th Jun 2009 9:04 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Theoretically, if your vehicle was checked during a VAT inspection, your company would now be liable for a few £1000s due to your modification Shocked Shocked

Just say nothing - you ain't seen me........ right! Whistle
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #48811928th Jun 2009 10:47 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >