Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

DPchip
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Perfect Smile
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #6569022nd Jun 2006 9:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
norto

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

TC
will you be in Sydney
if not where and when
peter

Post #6569322nd Jun 2006 9:45 pm
irobbie

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Went down to see my car at the dealers yesterday (I'll be taking delivery in early July for tax reasons) and got to talking to my salesman about various things. I casually mentioned that I knew a couple of cars had been Turbochipped here in Adelaide and that I was impressed enough with the stats. to be thinking about doing the same.

The salesman then said that one of those cars had been discovered to have been "chipped" and as a consequence Land Rover has rescinded his engine warranty Shocked Shocked I don't know if this is true or not, but I have no reason to doubt the salesman.

Hmmm, this seems to fly in the face of the fact that there is at least one dealer, and may be more in the U.K. that are installing the Turbochip upgrade themselves, presumably with Land Rover's knowledge and support

Something weird going on here!Confused

Ian. (eagerly awaiting Mr. Green ) Question

Post #6578123rd Jun 2006 12:59 am
catweasel

which dealer Blackforest or Prestige ?

Post #6578223rd Jun 2006 2:26 am
LRtuning

The dealer is blackforest and they are talking out of their Censored . TC cannot be detected by any LR software. Also in the UK TC is sold by the largest LR dealer in europe and they have 19 dealerships Smile
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #6578523rd Jun 2006 6:58 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
disco4x4au

Australia 

I'd imagine jumping in the thing and driving it (which every good service dept is supposed to do) would be one way of detecting it?

Then what do you do, if the dealer wasn't involved in providing the chip?
 ex - 2006 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, with lots of stuff - R.I.P.
ex - 2009 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, had lots of stuff too!
Now - 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6, rimini red, 18" rims + Cooper LTZ, rear eLocker, Spider tuning box, GOE protection plates and rock sliders, GOE 3way shortened rods. 

Post #6578623rd Jun 2006 7:07 am
catweasel

the reason I ask is up until a couple of weeks ago Blackforest didnt even know it existed (turbochip) until I told them about this site (disco3.co.uk) and maybe they should log on to learn a thing or 2 as " you know more about the car than I do" was the common theme there and as for Prestige Question

Post #6578823rd Jun 2006 7:17 am
LRtuning

I can imagine the converstaion now...."This is a fast one mate..."

We have done well over 600 cars now worldwide without a single episode of a dealer 'finding' the chip.

I have spoken to 5 LR dealers in Oz and everyone of them was positive about TC
Post #6578923rd Jun 2006 7:17 am
lrdef110

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

TC, I am also interested in a Tirbochip, but I am located in Mackay, Queensland. How far are you spreading yourself around?
Barry

Post #6580023rd Jun 2006 8:26 am
LRtuning

All over and there will prob be a new dealer network possibly with a brand name change Smile
Post #6581523rd Jun 2006 9:28 am
irobbie

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

catweasel

I'm dealing with Prestige with whom I am very comfortable at the moment. Their salesman has been very patient with me over the last 15 months that I've be considering the purchase and I'm pretty relaxed about that.

However it should be noted that both Black Forest and Prestige are owned by the same entity which essentially gives them monopoly in this city. I know that they work closely together.

I don't know which of them was supposed to have discovered the "chipping" affair, but if what they have done is true, then I'm sure the word was spread between them very quickly.

TC - I'm interested in your claim that LR can't discover the changes in the settings of the system - I would have thought that any tools they use that are half way decent would have been able to detect individual settings for the various components. Not doubting your word, just interested is all! And when did you say you are coming to Adelaide?

Ian (eagerly awaiting Mr. Green )

Post #6582223rd Jun 2006 9:43 am
LRtuning

They can only 'look at' software headers in the ECU and the TC software appears as LR identified software so they cannot tell Smile
Post #6583223rd Jun 2006 10:04 am
catweasel

Ian I know Prestige & BF are owned by the same dealer principal, it was Prestige I had my first dealings with at the 04 4x4 show & where I took my first test drive when the first demo car became available, but the salesman wasnt entirely honourable in his dealings with me & was quite pushy towards the sale & was at times very arrogant, especially towards the sum of money involved (he acted like it was pocket money) & then his boasting of being the top salesperson in Australia. He would ring me up and say things like "I have a great offer for a limited time to offer you an SE with leather seats" & obviously looking for a good deal and ringing other dealerships I found this to be untrue as LR was dropping the cloth seats & making leather standard. Also he told me other things like powerfold mirrors and heated seats etc were standard which we dont even get in Oz (unless you are lucky). There are also other things about that dealership which for certain reasons I wont discuss on this site but they arent trivial. After many months of ringing other dealers I was driving past BF knowing full well it was associated with the other dealership but couldnt resist another look and test drive, told them of my best price which was in Victoria and they happily matched it, & 9 months later after another ring around I finally ordered my car (in April). So far I have been reasonably happy (so far) & have not been pushed into a sale & gone along at my own leisure which is what I feel comfortable with. I have no doubt after telling the BF salesman he would have passed it on to Prestige who probably fed you the line of discovering the remap (I could be wrong) Ian dont take all this the wrong way as it was just my experience & you may not have the same salesman as I did but a word of advice, check your kms when you get your car as it should have no more than 40 kms (at the most) on the clock. For more info on that last item PM me if you dont feel like throttling me Wink thats if you care about it.
TC
Quote:
The dealer is blackforest and they are talking out of their Censored
can I ask why you said it was Black Forest  
Post #6585223rd Jun 2006 11:49 am
LRtuning

Simlply beacuse my customer introduced me to the service manager and I spent 20 mins in his office,

2+2 = 5 Wink
Post #6585523rd Jun 2006 12:09 pm
catweasel

ah the fog thickens Laughing

Post #6585923rd Jun 2006 12:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >