Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

To drive or not to drive - nose suspension drop
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
DiscoJacques

South Africa 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

I have a simular problem, the following has occured:

error comes up as "Suspension Fault", but suspension is fully operational and can be set to normal, access and off road mode. Once you switch off the car, the front only sags to access hight within 5 minutes.

The D3 has been with dealers for 2 weeks now. They did leak tests, electronic tests, and cannot find any problem. The error records as unrelated and can not be diagnosed. According to them (LR) they have never encountered this problem before.

They have replaced the battery (voltage was a bit low) and they are now busy replacing the airbags (bellows). It's confirmed that it must be a leak. UK technical advisors told the dealer in South Africa to start and raise the suspension, then to disconnect the terminals from the battery, if the car drops over night, a leak is the problem, if not, it can only be electrical.

Will keep you posted.................... Big Cry
 2007 TDV6 SE auto (ex Write off)
2013 D4 SDV6 SE auto 

Post #60142511th Feb 2010 12:00 pm
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Ok so the new compressor is still on back order. In the mean time I'm getting amber suspension errors every other trip and now and then a red suspension alert. When I'm getting a red one, the suspension drops onto the blocks. After a red suspension warning, an ignition cycle will clear the fault.

My dealer diagnosed the compressor being faultly but look at the screenshot from my 4x4 info, especially the rear right wheel!

It would seem to me this cannot be a problem with the compressor, more like a suspension rod (although these read fine according to the dealer) or a valve block.

Any ideas?

regards,

Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #60734721st Feb 2010 1:10 pm
DiscoJacques

South Africa 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

After 3 weeks at the dealer, replaced the air springs, hight sensors, compressor and pipes nothing. The car still dropped on the front right. They have now replaced the corner valve (front valve block) and it is now 100% Thumbs Up
 2007 TDV6 SE auto (ex Write off)
2013 D4 SDV6 SE auto 

Post #60839323rd Feb 2010 6:47 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >