Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Driver seat position.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BigElk

2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Driver seat position.

I am 6'9, and hence find i could do with the drivers seat being further back than the stops allow on my D4.

Has anyone managed to modify, or is there any after market runners i can get? I love the car, but it is a bit cramped for me, especially on longer journeys.

Cheers

Post #191401512th Feb 2018 8:58 pm
free1000

United Kingdom 

I’m only 6’ 4” so I feel for you

I just bought a d4 and I reckon it is just possibly for me to be comfortable once I’ve sorted out the right seat position, but I’d love another inch of back movement.

If you have found a solution I’d love to know.

My research has not thrown up anything on this, so I just resign myself to making do.

However, if I didn’t want the d4 for specific reasons (load space etc for carrying stuff) I might have got a Mercedes ML series as they definitely have more leg room. You may need to look at those or also Audi Q8 which are less practical but better for taller drivers.

Post #195669824th Jun 2018 4:52 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I'm 6ft 7" and can get comfy for long journeys. The space between the brake pedal and foot rest really helps for me.

When I first got my D3 in 2006, I did look into extending the seat runners. There wasn't any aftermarket kits then and I've not heard any now, but I haven't looked.

What I did do was take the D3 to a friend who works for an race team. He thought it possible to place the existing runners further back, with additional support at the rear of the runners if needed. A potential problem would have been extending wires and of course the floor would probably need to be drilled. Thankfully I soon realised that I didn't need to bother, so never took it further.

Basically anything is possible if you can afford it and I'll happily put you in touch with my friend who
is Essex based. Thumbs Up
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #195672124th Jun 2018 6:24 pm
al cope

England 

I'm 6'4" on the my D3's I took the foot rest out to get more left foot room (just for movement rather than leg length but have not done this on the D4. I think the electric seats seem to go slightly further back, and have more seat base adjustment than the manual ones in the D3.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #195683525th Jun 2018 7:08 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
free1000

United Kingdom 

@al cope, Do you think this could be done on the D4? I have to say it doesn't feel as though the seats go very far back. I tried out a D4 with manual seats and theres a small but noticeable improvement to legroom with the manual ones, but it feels more to do with seat depth than how far on the rails the seat will move.

Post #195833329th Jun 2018 9:31 am
al cope

England 

what fit electric seats?

I thinksome folks on here have done it - I didnt, I changed the car in time for one with Electric seats. Thumbs Up

Removing the footrest is 2 bolts job

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #195834429th Jun 2018 9:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >