Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Driving at access height
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

is the beach a legaly trafficable road. if you are bogged on one they have to assist.
check their conditions, doen't matter whose fault it is.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #7343027th Jul 2006 11:21 am
caverD3

Jamo wrote:
Back when I used to work for the government, I was in a commodore in a country town when the car switched itself off and all the warning lights came on. I rolled down the hill and tried to start the car again and it went. about 50m from the Holden dealer it conked out again and wouldn't start.
I walked to the dealer and said 'can you look at my car?'
They said'no, ring holdenwise"
I rang holdenwise who sent out the local RAC.
THe RAC man looked under the bonnet, tried to start the car and said'yes, there's defintitely a problem" He then took off.

A few minutes later the DP and a mechanic from the dealer came around the corned and said'now we are allowed to look at it!'

Convoluted contracts!
Rolling with laughter â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #7343327th Jul 2006 11:40 am
catweasel

this was written in 2004 and I was wondering if you got any documentation for roadside assist with your vehicle, as stated earlier it doesn't take into account the weight of the D3 so all recoveries are basically null and void before you event start,so unless there has been an update this discussion is really useless as the 2'500 kg appears to me to be an out clause for LR.
another thing I noticed or didn't notice was a list of providers for any given service so I would assume that they have no particular contract and could call on local services. another disturbing thing which I will be speaking to my dealer about is the frequent use of the words "eligible vehicle" ???

Post #7346727th Jul 2006 1:47 pm
caverD3

no paperwork just a refer to website for conditions.
seems like an out clause to me.
LRA contract out LR Assist to someone who has to provide the service coverage, they will sub it out to various providors.
We have a contract with Landrover to be provided with this service.
The LR Assist has a contract to provide this service to LR customers.
The 'eligable vehicle' is:
All Land Rover vehicles purchased in Australia benefit from a complementary Land Rover Roadside Assistance
service for the length of the new car, used car or extended manufacturer warranty or the expiry of the extended
Land Rover Roadside Assistance service. The expiry date is indicated on the Land Rover Roadside Assistance
card.
Jamo
It is australia wide:
Land Rover Roadside Assistance is provided 24 hours per day, 365 days per year (every day). Land Rover
Roadside Assistance service is Australia-wide and is subject to the prescribed Terms and Conditions. Land Rover
reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions
I'll speak to my dealer regarding the 2.5t limit.
let us know what yours says.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #7366027th Jul 2006 11:44 pm
catweasel

just spoke to Customer Care who 'liased' with LR Assist and was told that all D3's are considered to be under 2'500 kg's when unladen with the weights being
V6 petrol 2345min-2372max
TDV6 2353min-2432max
V8 petrol 2395min-2440max
though this is not written in black and white but all vehicles are eligible and they contract to the RAA,RACV,RACQ,NRMA etc who then find a suitable service to recover the vehicle (wether it be an independant or approved repairer)
be nice to see it in black and white though

Post #7368228th Jul 2006 1:12 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Unladen presumably means with no fuel in it and all the seats stripped out too then!
 The End  
Post #7372428th Jul 2006 8:49 am
catweasel

and air in the tyres or compressor..... Shocked
that's why it would be nice to see it in black and white and a bit more expanded and defined and less limp.

Post #7373028th Jul 2006 8:53 am
anthill

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

The warranty states that you have to get the car to a LR dealer, I suppose that if it nor been drivable LR assist would have taken it.

Anyway, I drove it to the dealer, on the way I got a low coolant message and the cruise control stopped working, again. I found that it drove OK but was very hard and bumpy (the suspension that is) I would not have like to drive it like that with the caravan in tow though.

They fitted an upgrade kit to the compressor, a new coolant bottle and sensor, installed the latest software and recalibrated (what ever that means) the cruise control. It behaved OK on the 240Km return trip.

I had dealings with LR assist with my previous Discovery, they sent out a normal tow truck who would not do anything at all....
 TDV6 SE (Ausie Spec) COOOL Chawton White.  
Post #7381128th Jul 2006 2:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
catweasel

sounds a bit like a Claytons assist program. I dont think they have thought it through.

Post #7381228th Jul 2006 2:45 pm
caverD3

If LR Assist will not fulfill it's obligations. Tell them that you will do it privately if they fail to assist and charge them for it, and get the name of the person you spoke to and quote conversation in letter of claim.
Ring Customer Care Centre on the toll free number 1800-625-642 and tell them of your problems with LR Assist let us know what they say.
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #7415829th Jul 2006 5:26 am
pbhawkin

Australia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Hi all,
Firstly any further updates on LR assist?
Secondly, the GVM is 3.1 tonnes and as such some insurance companies will NOT provide extended warranties on D3! This weight was provided by the LR dealer in Dubbo who I am buying my TDV6 from and they had to get the extended warranty through Allianze (I think) rather than Ford finance (who they normally use)!
 regards
Peter

Post #1162875th Jan 2007 12:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >