DiscoStu wrote:
You had a 'small' scuffle? Shocked Laughing

I know. Such a quiet gentle chap that I am as well Embarassed

A placid chap just like me then Thumbs Up

Post #37799823rd Nov 2008 10:33 pm
Popelka

Czech Republic 

Jimbob Squarepants wrote:
If someone comes up behind me flashing lights and expecting me to speed up, I usually slow down.

I get this on the motorway in CZ, of cause I'm using the lanes correctly so it's normally when I'm overtaking somebody else or stuck in queues of same speed traffic. I normally just keep the same speed as there's nothing else to do; however if they flash me then I just put the hazards on (SWMBO laughs at that) for a few seconds to say "Hey Censored head, there's no where to go at moment just wait a few seconds and I'll be moving over into the other lanes" seems to work well and they wait for a short duration.

SWMBO for some reasons just brakes hard, however that habbit stopped after she has the unmaked car flash it's blue lights Embarassed but she does still get angry at these idiots.
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #37835024th Nov 2008 4:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CFB

United Kingdom 

Ditto other comments really.

Best advice is to drive assuming everyone else on the road is an idiot. In my younger days I seemed to get into lots of battles with boy-racers at lights etc, can't be bothered anymore. much more fun watching them scream away from the lights only to roll gently up behind them at the next set Laughing

Only exception recently was a complete knob in a Maestro van (yes there is one left) that pulled alongside me at a red light revving the hell out of his knackered old lump and mouthing all sorts at me. Lights changed and he leaped forward (for about 2 metres anyway until he ran out of power) I just planted the foot on the pedal and smiled as I sailed past the twit.
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #37835524th Nov 2008 4:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoStu

England 

With responsible parents, this could help -

http://media.ford.com/pdf/081006_MyKeyFinal.pdf
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #37945626th Nov 2008 7:54 pm
Jimbob Squarepants

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I had a white van driver cut me up on the M42 a few months back. He pulled out to overtake a truck and forced me to brake to avoid him. (No need for it, the motorway was fairly empty) I flashed, so he stamped on the brake pedal Shocked

When he pulled over, I cruised up level with his front window, my passenger took his photo with a mobile phone and then made a show of writing down the vans number plate. We took no action afterwards, but I bet the van driver was sweating for a fwe days.
 Too much intellectual firepower can damage your common sense.  
Post #37947026th Nov 2008 8:24 pm
steadicamsteel

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Maya GoldDiscovery 3

A very good friend of mine has one of those pop-up electronic signs in the back of his motor. He's an electronics whizz and programmed the LEDS to read: 'POLICE STAY BACK' it cracks me up every time I see him working it when some Censored 's riding his tail. Don't know if that's impersonating a police officer or not but he's never been tugged.

Post #37948126th Nov 2008 8:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >