Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Driving Lamp Mounting (was in Welcome to DISCO3.CO.UK)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 
Re: Got it at last!

SONIC 3D wrote:
Hello all, i finally picked it up the day after Boxing day after a two and a half hour wait for the Evil or Very Mad TRAIN!!. One week on and nearly a 1000 miles and no error messages or warnings but what a wonderfull vehicle ,a bit larger than the Z4 i`ve been used to for the last 18 months. Could someone steer me in the right direction for fitting extra driving lamps to the front without using the rubber A bar. Only 2 weeks until she has her trip to Poland!! Hope to see some snow.[/b]

I've just fitted some driving lamps using the bumper brackets. The kit was good, you need to be competent with drill and hole cutter, and be good at marking out and confident to take the fuse box and dash to bits to fit. Its not difficult.

Once you have done the work, you will have to go to the dealer to get the BCU enabled for driving lights. Mine goes in Monday for this.

Post #365327th Jan 2006 10:30 pm
Sonic3d

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Re: Got it at last!

Gareth wrote:
I've just fitted some driving lamps using the bumper brackets. The kit was good, you need to be competent with drill and hole cutter, and be good at marking out and confident to take the fuse box and dash to bits to fit. Its not difficult.

Once you have done the work, you will have to go to the dealer to get the BCU enabled for driving lights. Mine goes in Monday for this.

Hello Gareth
Thanks for the info, you mention a bumper kit! is this a kit i could buy from my local landrover dealer? Are the brackets sturdy ie no vibration as your driving. I can`t believe how good ot is to drive, i look forward to any chance to drive it. Big drive soon all the way to Poland and back.

Post #366058th Jan 2006 9:10 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Hello Gareth
Thanks for the info, you mention a bumper kit! is this a kit i could buy from my local landrover dealer? Are the brackets sturdy ie no vibration as your driving. I can`t believe how good ot is to drive, i look forward to any chance to drive it. Big drive soon all the way to Poland and back.

Yes the bumper mount kit is separate, I am sure mr Slimer will step in with the part numbers anytime now Wink They are sturdy.

Post #366098th Jan 2006 9:38 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Slimer wrote:
You'll need some extra brackets (part no VUU500110, £42 + VAT) to mount them to the bumper. Or part no. VUU500140 (£36 + VAT) to mount them the the nudge bar. They'll mount directly to the A bar though.
That's what I said last time apparently Shocked The End  
Post #366288th Jan 2006 11:42 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Slimer wrote:
Slimer wrote:
You'll need some extra brackets (part no VUU500110, £42 + VAT) to mount them to the bumper. Or part no. VUU500140 (£36 + VAT) to mount them the the nudge bar. They'll mount directly to the A bar though.
That's what I said last time apparently Shocked

Yep you did, and I bought and fitted them, and they look cool 8)

Post #366358th Jan 2006 11:49 pm
Sonic3d

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Slimer wrote:
Slimer wrote:
That's what I said last time apparently Shocked

Thank you for the info i shall take myself to the stealers soon and order the brackets.
Matthew

Post #366559th Jan 2006 8:15 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

And now they work too Razz

Dealer enabled the electronics this morning. They also washed and valeted the car after my weekend exploits on a football pitch - but thats another story!

Post #366709th Jan 2006 12:27 pm
Pelyma

England 

Tell us more!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #366729th Jan 2006 12:45 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Pelyma wrote:
Tell us more!

Ok, then. My son plays for the local village football team, and I support the club in many ways, and also use my trusty old s2a to transport things like muddy goal posts, boots, bags, and the odd wayward footballer to different local venues.

On Saturday, my 2a had a flat battery and would not start. So as I was running late, I flattened the seats in the D3 and loaded up with goals etc. When we got to the venue, we discovered that it was a long way from the ca park to the pitch, so after a quick look at the edge of the field we decided to drive around the edge of the field to the pitch.

That was probably a bad move, as 3 tonnes of Solihulls finest soon sinks if left standing in the same spot for too long Embarassed Anyway, select mud and ruts, and a bit of welly soon had it extracted! The conversation with the chief groundsman - well thats another story Embarassed

Post #366739th Jan 2006 1:19 pm
Pelyma

England 

PMSL least you didn't get stuck like I did when I first had mine Embarassed So you've had to change your identity to hide from the groundsman then Wink
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #366799th Jan 2006 1:44 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

To finish off this thread, just got back from Sheffield, driving over the Snake Pass in the dark. The Spotlamps are very good. They have a good concentrated beam that goes a long way. No vibration at all from the mountings either Razz

Post #367359th Jan 2006 11:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >