DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

DVD Region Freeing!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Guppy

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
DVD Region Freeing!

Hi All,

New to you from Aus. I have an MY11 D4 with the Factory Fitted options of Hybrid TV and RSE. Anyone know the model of the installed DVD player, or a way to unlock the region code (obviously only set to R4 as we are down under)

Any feedback would be appreciated

Thanks

Anil

Post #75144824th Jan 2011 8:07 am
Ajay(UK)

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

I believe it was possible to "region free" the branded Alpine version of the DVD changer but I dont think this applies to the Land Rover version as fitted in a D3, well I couldn't find any information on it! I dont expect it to be any easier on a D4 changer. Rolling Eyes

Your best bet is to have a play with http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk/ and make region free "back up" copies of your discs and keep the orginals at home and put the backups in the car Wink

I have found that a lot original discs wont play in the LR DVD so its backups for me all the time Whistle

Andy.
 2022MY Defender 110 D250 HSE X Dynamic, Gondwana with options!
2015 Range Rover 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver, Black Pack
Gone:Disco 4 HSE Luxury, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ivory
Gone:2006 FFRR TD6 Autobiography, Black
Gone: 2013 Jaguar XKR Convertible, Italian Racing Red😢
Gone: 2008 Disco 3 HSE, Hybrid Tv + Retro-fit RSE System & DVD
Gone: 2010 FFRR TDV8 Vogue SE, RSE & DVD, Stornoway Grey 

Post #75158924th Jan 2011 3:05 pm
Guppy

Hi Again,

After months of searching and asking many dealers, I have finally found out the model of the disc changer. It is an Alpine DHA-S690.

Now to the best part - for those that looked at my initial post and wanted to know if there was a code breaker - I found one! Very Happy

if you go to the following blog [u]http://audsley77.blogspot.com.au/[/u] and scroll down to Sat March 12th 2011 you will see a link to DHA-S690.

Download this file, unzip it, and follow the instructions on the readme txt. It takes about 5 minutes and your dvd player in your pre MY12 D4 will be region free. (I loaded the magazine with region 1,2 and 4 and they all showed as available and all played without any issue)

Hope this has been of help

Gup

Post #93567127th May 2012 4:06 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

In Oz by law they have to provide the code due to ACCC ruling. So LR should have found out for you.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #93567527th May 2012 5:46 am
Guppy

They had no idea, and basically were not interested in helping - originally they told me the unit was a Sony!

Post #93568527th May 2012 6:59 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Legally they sold you a DVD player and if it does not play multi region then they have to tell you the code. Rolling Eyes

Not interested sounds like LRA. Rolling Eyes Their legal knowledge is non existant as when they tried to stop modification of LR vehicles saying they were their vehicles.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #93568927th May 2012 7:20 am
Guppy

As like a lot of sales persons, as soon as you buy, they are not interested until you are interested to buy again! Confused Shocked
 D4 HSE MY11 SDV6: Electronic Rear Diff, ARB Bar, Warn Winch, IPF HID Lights, GME UHF, Safari Snorkel, LLAMS, Compmotive 18" Rims with Cooper Zeon LTZ, Kaymar Rear Bar, Mitch Hitch, Long Ranger Axillary tank, ARB Compressor  
Post #93572927th May 2012 11:03 am
gseum

Germany 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverLR4

Hi,

thanks for this hint!

Does anybody know, if it is also possible to change the colour encoding from NTSC to PAL?

Edit: Tried to change it via menu, but it did not work. I will try again after changing to region free...

Greetings
gseum
 Discovery 4/LR4 HSE 5.0 V8 MY2010 // Volvo XC60 II T8 Inscription Fusion Red MY2020 // Hyundai Kona Electric Trend MY2020 // Bürstner TravelVan 620G MY2020  
Post #93745831st May 2012 10:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >