Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

DVD on Sat Nav screen and IPOD control
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Neil R

DVD on Sat Nav screen and IPOD control

Look what i found on a Range Rover sport site....I know how much you guys like the RRS now so i decided to share the info..

Cheers neil

I think a lot of you will be happy to hear that Nav-TV has THE solution for your Range Rover Sport, Full size Range Rover and also The LR3. Our product will allow you to select your Audio Video source (like DVD, TV or whatever your heart desires) through a new Touch Screen menu option which will appear once our Nav-TV Range Rover kit is installed. We are all very proud of the quality of this product! This is the first Aftermarket Solution (but behaves like factory) that harnesses M.O.S.T. (Media Oriented Systems Transport) Technology. For those of you that have a DVD player and/or Headrest monitors from the factory, you can view that same video source on your navigation screen as well as add a second Audio Video source to your setup. We are also currently working on finalizing our new iPod 2 Rover Kit, which will give you iPod controls through the radio, charge your iPod and view your playlist, song title, artist etc. on the navigation screen. This will be available in about a month, but our Audio Video Input Kits are shipping now. You are welcome to email me at Chris@nav-tv.com, or give us a call so that we can refer you to a Nav-TV Dealer closest to you.

http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php...mp;start=0
 2005 Java Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 HS (GONE)
Stormer wheels, SC Grills, Tow pack,PTI,Adaptive lights,Useless coolerbox (GONE)

2010 RRS HSE Santorini/Ivory TDV8 Overfinch'd 

Post #1809219th Sep 2005 3:16 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Very interesting Neil - the UK distributor seems to be www.nav.tv
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #1809319th Sep 2005 3:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Off this topic I know... but I just wanted to say it was great to meet you Sunday and flipping well done on showing everyone that the RRS is serious toy.

I think the dye hard drivers that were there when we arrived at Tixover were gobsmaked !

-s

Post #1810119th Sep 2005 4:34 pm
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Interesting !

I'll be following that thread with a lot of interest ! iPod integration is something that I would REALLY enjoy ! Very Happy

Post #1812219th Sep 2005 6:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I presume this aftermarket kit is a replacement for the OEM sat nav, rather than an add-on to it?

- speaking (/typing) as someone who hasn't got anything there yet - sat nav or otherwise.
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #1822420th Sep 2005 7:09 am
Neil R

Hi

it will just be a mod that gets done on your current system to allow integration of the ipod and the video.

Neil
Stormer wheels, SC Grills, Tow pack,PTI,Adaptive lights,Useless coolerbox (GONE)

Post #1822920th Sep 2005 7:32 am
grommet

United States 

I'll repost my reply in the RRS forum:

FYI: The NavTV folks have been jerking around people for ages with misinformation. ("In about a month" for about a year, starting with Disco3/LR3.)

Previously, all they did was sell you BMW parts for the BMW built head units in the old Range Rover... so it "behaves like factory" -- because it was factory!

Don't believe any functionality until you see it in action. (Video doesn't even run over the MOST bus in the LR3/RRS.) And the RRS already has 2 additional video inputs if fitted with the factory DVD.

Let's hope they've done their homework, since previously they really seemed to confuse everything.

I know they did do a decent job with their video bypass switch box, that allows you to feed video/tuner into existing factory screens. Works well for reverse camera, etc.

And please, don't encourage spam style posting by reposting the same posting he spammed all over the other site!

Post #1825020th Sep 2005 8:47 am
Neil R

More info from Nav TV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have pictures of the Rover Sport Installation. Here's a pic of the Rover Audio Video Kit in place (visible). http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?...7483745018
Here's a pic of the TV Button now available once our Kit is installed:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?...7483745018
Here's another pic of the screen, installation being finished up:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?...7483745018
A Picture of Video on the screen, Full screen: http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?...7483745018

Post #1973026th Sep 2005 9:25 am
grommet

United States 

Some ridiculous pricing posted here: http://rrsport.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=400 And nobody knows exactly what they are doing.

Post #1978726th Sep 2005 4:03 pm
woodman438

i am in cardiff at the moment on business and planning a trip to navtv in the morning - ill keep you posted!!
 D3 JB/B V6 HSE + DVD and NAVtv addon, Steps, Tints, PTI
DVD Modified for front screen display, retro gaming unit added and Road Angel installed. Kahn RSC2-22 wheels 

Post #2034928th Sep 2005 9:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >