DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Easy find Tips n' tricks.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Easy find Tips n' tricks.

My thinking is basically this.
There are a number of issues which keep cropping up, for which a number of forum members have come up with solutions.
The jack is one issue, the others that come to mind are; fitting extra power outlets and extra aux sockets. There are others which others can suggest.

If you want some tips on how to do something,you do a search, then trawl through the pages of comments, off topic coverstions and questions to find out what you want.
My thought is that a tips and tricks thread is set up for solutions only. (Moderators decide on posts) All those who have solutions collate their solutions and if you are looking for a solution you can pick the one that suits your situation.
What do others think?
Is this possible, moderators?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #10371921st Nov 2006 11:23 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Does the Tips & Tricks forum not cover this? Smile

Post #10372221st Nov 2006 11:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Brilliant! I think it does.............. Shocked

Post #10373221st Nov 2006 11:42 pm
caverD3

My post for the exhaust bung is an example alredy lots of other comments. My thought is to streamline solution finding by keeping the posts to solutions only.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #10373521st Nov 2006 11:48 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I see what you mean Caver but...Peeps may have questions about the solution and it's application though .....won't this result in multiple posts as well as the sticky? Rolling Eyes
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #10373621st Nov 2006 11:51 pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

What is needed is a FAQ which states simple facts and solutions with links to the relevant threads for further info.
The trouble is that it is a lot of work for someone to create and maintain.
 Matt  
Post #10374021st Nov 2006 11:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

See what you mean DG. Maybe a discussion thred link in each solution. If they have a particular question regarding one persons solution they could always PM.
If those with solutions post to a thread can the moderators just place them in read only threads?
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #10374522nd Nov 2006 12:17 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Technically, the first post in each topic in Tips & Tricks should contain the useful information, and then a discussion - quite often this discussion can lead to a revision of the tip.

Obviously, due to the nature of the forum the discussion can get a bit off topic at time Rolling Eyes

A database of common faults/fixes/tips and tricks has been considered in the past. However, as Matt says, a very concise and clutter-free list would require time (from me and/or one or more moderators) to compile and maintain.

For this reason I decided that, despite the shortcomings, the open, forum-based listings worked best and allowed a certain amount of flexibility for comments, thank yous, etc which some people would want.

If I end up with some more time I will review and see if some kind of "recommendation" system can be created to store helpful posts into a read-only forum or searchable database.

Post #10376522nd Nov 2006 8:55 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Martin wrote:
Obviously, due to the nature of the forum the discussion can get a bit off topic at time Rolling Eyes

We'll promise not to in tips & tricks, honest! Thumbs Up

Post #10377522nd Nov 2006 10:11 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Yeah right Razz
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #10378222nd Nov 2006 10:32 am
catweasel

maybe just sticky when appropriate as per plug idea, oil and brake pad change, but certain things get asked many times over which a read only sticky would sort i.e FBH and its operation.

Post #10379522nd Nov 2006 11:50 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >