Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Ebony or Almond interior ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
chris999

Ebony or Almond interior ?

I have placed an order for a new Disco 4 HSE in Santorini Black and have a build slot in early November (very excited). I need to confirm any final spec changes by the end of this week. I am torn between the ebony and almond interiors. I think that the almond interior would contrast nicely with the external black, but with three young kids, am I asking for trouble and better of sticking with the dark interior to hide the inevitable trail of destruction they will leave ? Any thoughts / experiences greatly welcomed and much appreciated.

Post #69764927th Sep 2010 9:57 pm
Dexter

Scotland 

Hi and welcome to the site!

I had the same question with my D4 and also three kids (mud magnets) which led me to choose the Ebony interior. Picked it up last weekend and it's gorgeous, I'm very pleased. With the light roof liner it's not too dark even without the glass roof, looks really classy IMHO Thumbs Up

The Almond is also pretty tasty, especially with Black paint but head has got to rule I believe.

Pal of mine has just bought a Volvo estate and it came with cream leather seats and black carpets, dash and door cards. Looks really good and a practical compromise that LR should look at introducing Whistle

I think you can spec change right up to a couple of weeks before build date so keep mulling it over, it's a nice problem to have!

Dex

Post #69765927th Sep 2010 10:11 pm
CMG

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackLR3

Tan all the way....I'm biased though. Nothing bi weekly cleanings, and some tough discipline can't solve. Twisted Evil Thumbs Up
 17 Discovery 5 HSE Si6, Fuji White on brown | 07 LR3 SE 4.4 Java Black on Alpaca
Club V8/Club OCD

Post #69766127th Sep 2010 10:16 pm
Jeffa

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Hi Chris,

I have a Stornaway Grey D4 with ebony interior and 3 kids under 6.

We went for the ebony not due to the seats but more the carpets, boot lining and door trims which tend to take a battering. You could order black mats but the center piece of carpet in the rear would still be uncovered.

The ebony does show marks I am am forever wiping down the back of the driver and passenger seats for dust which would not show as much on an ebony interior.

Enjoy the car (which ever option you take).

Post #69771428th Sep 2010 8:12 am
squiblet552

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi, we have 2 young children and 2 dogs. Used to have an almond interior, no problems. Changed car and had black interior, showed every mark and constantly cleaning it. Changed again, now have alpaca interior and it's FAB, easy to clean when it needs it but shows very little dirt or hair. Happy with my car and not changing it any time soon, but would definately favour the lighter interior. Smile

Post #69785728th Sep 2010 5:09 pm
Supercharged

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

My experience is the opposite! Had a Jag with light interior, constant pain to keep clean. Noticed demo cars with almond, same. I have ebony, much easier to keep spick and span!

Tough choice .... Confused
 Paul

D4 HSE Zermatt Silver / Ebony 

Post #69797828th Sep 2010 10:18 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Have the D4 with almond interior and two mud magnets, have had it nearly tweleve months and have no complaints about the interiro colour. Bear in mind that we do a lot of all weather and all year caravaning and this is somtimes very muddy, but still no issues. Have not even had to clean the leather once since getting the car.
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #69798528th Sep 2010 10:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
StornowaySA

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Just picked up D4HSE in Stornoway Grey with almond premium leather; 3 kids; had Black on black D3 before the D4. I love the much lighter interior of the almond and am glad we went this path not ebony again; I found black on black just too...well....dark I guess!! but totally understand the worry re kids and mess, we thought about alot and just decided we liked the lighter interior overall and as both colours were available in showroom on 2 different cars we had heaps of time to consider - tbh I just accept the inevitable mess, marks etc will happen. They're kids. (!)
cheers
 MY2010 D4 HSE 3.0, e-diff, 19inch MTR's; LLAMS Height adjustor, LR f & r light guards, LR side steps, LR bright finish side door mouldings; LR/Mantec G4 front bash plate, LR G4 Winch kit, Warn 9500lb Winch; GOE compressor guard, Uniden UHF, LR bright finish roof rails, LR G4 driving light kit, LR G4 ladder, 4 x extra rear compartment 12V sockets, Traxide dual battery system and Optima Yellowtop battery, ORS drawer system / fridge slide, LED rear compartment lighting.  
Post #69808429th Sep 2010 9:28 am
A1GSS

England 

Mine is Stornoway with Alpaca leather. Black carpets, pale headlining and door trim. The interior looks and feels light and airy.

Mud and camping, transporting up to 6 kids (not all ours!) last weekend has resulted in mucky carpets but they hoover clean easily enough, and any mud on the seats and trim just sponges off.

I'm pretty happy with this colour combination.
 ____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey 

Last edited by A1GSS on 29th Sep 2010 1:18 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #69808829th Sep 2010 9:46 am
2DISCO3ORNOT

I have Java black with alpaca leather and black carpets, I think its the Dogs, my mate has the black interior, its smart as well but looks smaller and feels more claustrophobic.

Tough choice Neutral

Post #69811729th Sep 2010 11:14 am
jamesbond007

Portugal 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I could not choose. Had it custom made..... 8) Plus the leather is nicer....

The older I get, the better I was.

Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto (BAS remap) after Defender TD4 110 Crew Cab and 1964 SIIA 88. 

Post #69815429th Sep 2010 1:16 pm
jamesbond007

Portugal 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

And that was the Defender:

The older I get, the better I was.

Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto (BAS remap) after Defender TD4 110 Crew Cab and 1964 SIIA 88. 

Post #69815929th Sep 2010 1:32 pm
chris999

Thanks everyone for your comments - some really helpful tips. We are going to go for the light interior and get a loadspace mat to protect the boot area. Now just got to wait in anticipation for a few more weeks...

Post #69870830th Sep 2010 9:20 pm
Stingray

Wales 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I have just taken delivery (yesterday) of my HSE in Santorini Black with Almond/Arabica interior and I love it! I spent ages thinking about colours, and I am really pleased with the choice for various reasons. I would advise going for the Arabica dash top & door top trims, as this tones the interior down a touch, and if you go for Nutmeg, you only get the dash top in that colour, and the door tops will be Almond, which to my mind is less appealing. Just my opinion, but I hope it helps! I'll try to get round to posting pics this weekend.

Enjoy the anticipation as much as the arrival!

Ray

Post #69874030th Sep 2010 10:31 pm
A1GSS

England 

Stingray wrote:
I have just taken delivery (yesterday) of my HSE in Santorini Black with Almond/Arabica interior and I love it!

Hi Stingray, let's see some lovely interior pix then... Very Happy
 ____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey 

Post #69874530th Sep 2010 10:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >