Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > IIDTool Help

ECU Flash for Clunk
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

webego wrote:
Battery is a relatively new Yuasa Black Lifetime and normally has 12v when off. I'll go for a 10 minute drive beforehand just to make sure it is fully charged (sat on the drive since Sunday). Thumbs Up

You need a minimum of 12.6 volts, 12.7v is fully charged, 12 volts is Big Cry a 10 minute run will do very little to charge the battery, leaving a charger on overnight or more is the only way to fully charge a battery.
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #19887453rd Oct 2018 7:21 pm
webego

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

So my bad. Battery was exactly 12.7v but went for a spin anyway just to be sure. Updated the IID on the PC and then in the car, cleared adaption values. In the ECU Flash, ran a backup first then the actual flash update. Took about 7 minutes to complete ad all messages confirmed success.

Freaked the Censored out of me when during the boot up I saw a load of faults on pretty much everything appear but of course they were all cleared at the end of the update and all back to normal.

I appreciate the adaptive values will take a little while to build up again but went for a 15-20 minute drive around different conditions to get the ball rolling and see if there was any noticeable difference to the clunking. At first it was exactly the same, if not a little worse but I guess that would be expected having cleared all the previous values. By the end of the drive there was a noticeable difference i.e. a lot less clunking. Will see how/if this continues to improve over the next few drive cycles.

One question I did have was: In the ECU Infos list, my transmission didn't show multiple options, just one with no updates. Is this correct? For example in the compressor I have two options, Hitachi and AMK. Thought the transmission might be the same i.e. with the original rom and the updated one.

Post #19887513rd Oct 2018 7:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >