Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

ECU Remap result.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Supergirl

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

did you do this to my car when I was in. You never said anything to me. Very Happy

Post #7750811th Aug 2006 9:42 am
simkna

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Ditto.

Anyway, everybody knows red cars go faster Very Happy

What have you got, a basic GPS based unit? The Racelogix VBox is outstandingly accurate, but bloody expensive.

Si.
 Pat's Van
D3 TDV6 S Auto
Rimini Red / Alpacca Leather

Post #7752311th Aug 2006 10:08 am
bobbycrispbox

Australia 
Re: ECU Remap result.

JE Engineering wrote:
Where our 0-60 timer lacks in accuracy it makes up for it in consistancy, every standard fitted D3 i have done has been around 10s give or take 0.3s.
Also 8.7 is slightly better than average for a tuned D3 on this timer, the difference is what we are looking at mainly too be sure that the tune is working correctly.
I usually explain this if the customer asks what the times were however i forgot too this time, i opologize for any missunderstanding caused.

No worries. Having done another 200 miles since yesterday, I am starting to think that perhaps I was a bit premature with my disappointment. Embarassed Some of the overtaking manouvres I did around north Derbyshire on my way back this morning would have been a bit optimistic without the remap. Shocked With the motorway driving I'd done when I put in that post yesterday, you'd be pretty hard pressed to spot a difference - but that's because it was motorway driving.

Post #7770411th Aug 2006 4:12 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

lucky D3 having a new brain !

If I had the cash I'd do it myself - just can't stump up the dosh at present Sad

Post #7771311th Aug 2006 4:36 pm
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

PaulB,

Fuel pressure is a big problem if you raise it beyond design limits (usually with the plug in boxes) and a problem for tuners if they rely too heavily on it as it will increase wear on injectors and place a greater demand on the fuel pump to maintain the pressure.

A 'balance' approach to remaps is the best option Smile

Catweasel,

Injector timing can indeed alter the amount of power (and heat) produced by an engine but if alterations are carefully monitored then you can keep the impact on all engine components to a minumum including the turbo
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #7773411th Aug 2006 4:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PaulB

United Kingdom 

Chris,

You misunderstood me. I wasn't justifying increasing fuel pressure. On the contrary, I was asking if there was any need, given the already extremely high pressures involved in modern common-rail type engines.
How much of a part does increasing boost pressure have to play ?

Paul

Post #7776011th Aug 2006 6:33 pm
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Paul.

I'm not usually an advocate of 'winding up' boost pressure as it tends to increase additional heat that could be a problem in certain operating conditions.

A modest increase od 0.2 bar is usually acceptable but I try to reach peak pressure earlier by raising fueling at lower revs.....in effect the turbo operates over a greater rev range, lag reduced and engine response improved
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #7781711th Aug 2006 9:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simkna

Can now report MPG following a weekend of driving over 450 miles of Motorway and A roads. Motorways with cruise set at 75mph with odd bursts a little higher. A roads driven relatively gently, and ~30 mins stuck in crawling traffic on A64. Total average mpg - 28.0mpg. Never went above 28.1, and lowest seen was about 26.5 whilst stuck in traffic.
This is on an auto with under 2K on the clock.
It would seem (but is by no means conclusive) that compared to latest LR maps, JE map is worse by an mpg or two.
Will do an actual usage calc. when I fill up tonight to get a truer figure.

Si.
 Pat's Van
D3 TDV6 S Auto

Post #7822314th Aug 2006 10:12 am
simkna

Have now done true usage mpg calculation. (Range clicked over to 0 when I pulled into the petrol station).
470 miles, 81.5l = 26.2 mpg. A bit disappointing considering it was driven pretty gently all weekend. Who else has found their mpg dropped after a remap compared to (recent) LR maps?

Si.
 Pat's Van
D3 TDV6 S Auto

Post #7882916th Aug 2006 11:39 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Don't forget that any software upgrade to the engine and gearbox ECU will cause it to 'forget' previous adaptive mappings, it will take some time to re-learn the engine performance and your driving habits, this can explain a drop in MPG and different shift points with an auto box

Post #7883316th Aug 2006 11:54 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >