Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Efficiency
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Efficiency

My lad was driving near Paris on Sunday and was clocked by a camera of some sort (didn't know) at 96km/h in a 90km/h zone. They apply a 5km/h leeway so actually 'booked' at 91km/h. That'll be €45 fine then.

Thing is he got the demand today, about 78 hours after he was caught Shocked

Post #219423816th Dec 2020 3:04 pm
al cope

England 

Thats 'cause he's British, init Whistle

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #219424116th Dec 2020 3:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RogB

United Kingdom 

ISTR seeing an article that made it almost impossible for UK enforcement to impose and chase camera traffic offences on European citizens, but that the same rules didn't apply in reverse. Something to do with database access, they can access ours but we cant access theirs

So we cant chase a French national (for example) for getting caught on a Gatso but the French police can log into UK DVLA and get the drivers details straight away.
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #219424416th Dec 2020 3:43 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

He should pay them in fish ..... le French love our fish. Wink
 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿  
Post #219424616th Dec 2020 3:54 pm
astonbuilder

They also have a very efficient payment system; multiple options to cover all needs, he logged onto a portal, paid, done and dusted in two minutes. Offence to fine paid about 79 hours Laughing

Post #219424716th Dec 2020 4:04 pm
Harry365

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

While there isnt much they can do legally, they can have bailiffs chase you up. That being said, out of the 10s of speeding fines i've had abroad, this has only happened twice (Norway and Sweden).

Germany really annoys me. They put speed cameras in the brief 110 limits between unlimited. You get fined as a percentage of your speed (the germans just see it as a "speeding tax"). Their dispute process must be in german and if it fails, the fine increases! Hows that for a civilised justice system?!

I responded to one using absolute google translate gibberish and never heard anything back and this might be a good course of action with the french one. Use your worst english possible on google translate, something barely interpretable, even to an english speaker, translate it to french and for an added touch, back to english and then back to french again (repeat until you get bored) and send it off.

Dont forget to fart in their general direction as you hit the send button on the email. A flick of the V's wont go a miss either.

Post #219424816th Dec 2020 4:14 pm
astonbuilder

Laughing

has to be paid I'm afraid as it was my company car and if not paid (or formally appealed with documented evidence) the company automatically pays it and sends bill, with additional fees added, to me and just takes it out my salary.

My son would rather pay than faff about and also knows no hassle to me = he gets to use my car generally

Post #219425116th Dec 2020 4:20 pm
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

ronp wrote:
He should pay them in fish ..... le French love our fish. Wink

Thumbs Up

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #219425416th Dec 2020 4:39 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Post #219425516th Dec 2020 4:41 pm
Harry365

astonbuilder wrote:
Laughing

has to be paid I'm afraid as it was my company car and if not paid (or formally appealed with documented evidence) the company automatically pays it and sends bill, with additional fees added, to me and just takes it out my salary.

My son would rather pay than faff about and also knows no hassle to me = he gets to use my car generally

Yeh I'd pay in those circumastances.

I hired a car from Schipol and drove down to the Alps for skiing. Shortly after returning, I saw the hire company deduct £50 every week for 6 weeks. Lesson learned, if youre going to speed, do it in your own car!

Post #219425716th Dec 2020 4:53 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Harry365 wrote:
Their dispute process must be in german and if it fails, the fine increases! Hows that for a civilised justice system?!

A bit like ours then. You try arguing with the system and see where it gets you. No right of silence with remotely applied speeding tickets - if you refuse to answer then they fine you for that. And if you argue in court and fail then the fine goes up too.

So let's not crow about the deficiencies of other countries' justice systems when ours is just as deficient.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #219426316th Dec 2020 5:04 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

astonbuilder wrote:
They also have a very efficient payment system; multiple options to cover all needs, he logged onto a portal, paid, done and dusted in two minutes. Offence to fine paid about 79 hours Laughing

For £45, I'd just be happy that I got away lightly TBH. 8)
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #219426416th Dec 2020 5:05 pm
Harry365

Incorrect.

Your fine is not increased if your dispute is unsuccessful. You are given a further extended period to pay the initial discounted fine. So I'll crow Germanys fine dispute system all day long Laughing

Post #219426516th Dec 2020 5:08 pm
RogB

United Kingdom 

I got done for speeding a few times in Germany back in late 80's and 90's.... really efficient system IMO

You get the notice of fine through with a picture (something your not allowed to see in the UK unless you take it to court), You take the fine slip to your bank, hand it to the cashier along with your bank card and hey presto, cheap fine paid with no hassle.
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #219440517th Dec 2020 9:06 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

When I was caught by a camera van earlier this year, I was sent a link that allowed me to access the photo, the location, camera info. The link was on the NIP, I didn't have to ask for it.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #219440917th Dec 2020 9:09 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >