Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

EGR's blanked today and rear discs/pads done!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
northernpar

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
EGR's blanked today and rear discs/pads done!

While waiting for the compressor and tailgate handle to arrive though I'd set about blanking the EGR's with the Bell Autos blanking kit. On th dismantle found that on the last EGR failure repaired under warranty that the hose connecting to the butterfly valvehousing was loose. The metal clip hadn't been done up so had a fair bit of sooty crud to clean off. Pretty much confirmed what I have always thought of the workmanship of my local franchised dealer! Also found what looked like the beginnings of an old rodent nest under the engine cover where they had nibbled at one of the fabric insulation mats. Think I need to trade the dogs in for some cats.

All-in it took me a couple of hours and the instructions were pretty clear although for the right hand EGR (when looking from rear of vehicle) found it much easier to remove part of the brake fluid/2nd battery cover to gain access to the EGR valve bolts. One word of caution is when tilting back the butterfly valve housing. It is stiff to begin with but then moves easily and if pushed too far breaks a couple of lugs on a connector (I found out the hard way).

Many thanks to all on the forum who have taken the time to write instructions for the rear disc replace and EPB adjustment. Followed the instructions and had these done in around an hour. Old discs were a pain to get off but some gentle persuasion with a rubber mallet sorted that. Just need to run the bedding in procedure and all done on the brakes front.

Hopefully the new compressor will arrive tomorrow so I can get that installed and clear all the faults for the suspension problem. Interestingly enough when I jacked up the rear to put it on axle stands the car seemed to go into extended mode but only on the rear, nothing on the front. Guess that's consistent with a compressor issue.

Post #60417615th Feb 2010 11:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >