Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Electronic Park Brake dissected
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 9 <123456789>
Keeno.087

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Manual Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Oh was my mistake with email address it's (.net )
Instead of .com

Post #88341814th Jan 2012 8:07 pm
Da1sycat

Hi Andrew, do you have a timescale to complete this great piece of work?

Post #88349314th Jan 2012 11:09 pm
AndrewW

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Hi everyone,

I guess like most folk on here I hate to see a thread dwindle to nothing - as this one did in Feb '11. I am sorry for the disappointment that may have been caused to anyone by me being distracted from what was back then to me a bit of a "mission".

It takes something of significance to distract a man from his hobby - in my case it was my wife's health. Only so that you understand, I must explain that my wife was diagnosed with cancer in the February, and died just after Christmas. Whilst that is still very raw with me, please do not feel that anything on this forum is an intrusion into my peace of mind. It is only with hobbies like this, and the great folk on here and in other walks of life that you get back to normal in this sort of situation.

I am further lucky in having fabulous family support and a superb brother - he is the one who designed and made the bush.

Projects like this will help me to keep a focus; I hope that we will crack on with the plan. But it does depend on a few external factors which I am sure we can surmount.

Keeno - it did work on the test bench but has not been put into a vehicle yet. However, logic says it must work at least as well as the original (!) and will not wear out anywhere near as fast. OK on the email address BTW.

Robert - the plan was to manufacture a small batch and supply with the correct drill to drill out the old gear. I think we will "hand-ball" a few out to willing "beta-testers". The cost of a small run created industrially would be quite high, and I have no idea if a large run of them would actually sell.... Any views on that subject would be welcome!

So -Da1sycat, the answer is very soon I hope, given that at least four people are interested right now. I will talk to my brother in the morning about a bit of "lathe therapy" as soon as possible.

Once again, please no-one feel that anything on here is an intrusion. To me it is a welcome distraction that I can turn on and off at will - and just now prefer to have ON.

Let me know what you think, guys,

In friendship,

Andrew

PS Anyone with CNC lathe capabilities, please PM me - A.
 2006 D3 finally swapped for a 2016 D4 Graphite in Graphite grey. No mods  
Post #88351815th Jan 2012 12:58 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Da1sycat

Andrew, your post has blown me away. Your dignity, courage and determination no doubt made you a great husband to your dear wife.

I'm so glad that you have the support you refer to within your family, and indeed your extended family on this forum. When I found out my daughter had a rare illness I too found great solace on an Internet forum.

Please be encouraged by the fact that many people are admiring your work. Most will wait quietly in the wings, safe in the knowledge that when they need skills just like yours, you or someone like you will be there for them.

Post #88379415th Jan 2012 8:24 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Andrew, I cannot begin to understand your pain but I am glad that you have the suppor of those close to you in this time of need. And us motley crew to pester you about this task.

If you need help, I know Simon from X-Eng has just asked on Innovate 4x4 forum for ideas on projects to be addressed in the next 12 months. It seems that this problem was something that he was interested in as far as I could make out. I have sent him a link to this thread to show him that someone was making headway and it was viable????
Perhaps a call to him would be fruitful. I think he has CNC ability or will have contacts that can.
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #88386315th Jan 2012 9:48 pm
Keeno.087

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Manual Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Andrew ,
I would like to express my deepest respect and sympathy
To you at his time and admire your conviction and courage

Post #88396015th Jan 2012 11:26 pm
robertofollia

Spain 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Andrew,
I did not know ther hard times you were facing. I'm really Sorry.
I admire your conviction, determination, braveness and courage. We are here to help you in whatever we can. There is no hurry, don't worry about the bush,

I would like to express my deepest respect and sympathy to you and your family, and especially your brother, who is giving you support during these hard moments.

All the best for you all.

Robert
 Regards, Robert
Only a closed filling station can prevent me from reaching my destination
1992 Santana 88"SWB petrol
1995 RRClassic 300Tdi
1999 D2 V8 manual coiler
2004 D2 Td5... SOLD!
2006 D3 V8 SE 

Post #88400316th Jan 2012 12:44 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Andrew, I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. It puts everything I am sat here worrying about for the coming week into perspective, it really just does not matter.

I know you will never forget, but we will be here to listen, and if you need a distraction we can provide it.

Post #88401016th Jan 2012 12:57 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

Andrew
You have just blown me away with your last post, I am sat at work with tears streaming down my face.
I would like to express my deepest respect and sympathy to you and of course to the rest of your family.
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #88401716th Jan 2012 2:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
marco 110

France 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Andrew, I'm really sorry for you ..
You have my sympathy ..

Be strong and thank you for what you made ​​for us here ...
 Marco.
-D4 sdv6 HSE 2012 , high beam assist , surround cam, tv , and a lot of nice stuff..

http://www.youtube.com/user/marcsteph110?feature=mhum

Ex :
-90 td 1989
-110sw td5 2000
-D3 tdv6 SE 2006

Post #88401816th Jan 2012 2:52 am
rnlisg

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
your sad loss

hi andrew like the rest of the guys please accept our condolences from my wife and i,i guess it must be a help in the knowledge you have so many people out there rooting for you.
ref the epb problem i cant understand why l/r wont accept there is a problem,when i had this on my first d3 about 4 years ago,i returned it to the main stealer in ashford kent who said they had not had any problems with them!!as it was under warranty they stripped it all out,did whatever they do,put it back together and it still did it.they phoned me and asked if they could keep it for a couple of days and the workshop manager would personaly do the job.(i also saw a report in the landrover international mag reporting problems).
when i got it back it was fine,although they seemed a bit vague as to what the prob was,but suggested i use it regularly to keep it all moving,after that no probs
best wishes
sandy and marg
 s/steel side tubes,door trims with bright inlay,front and rear light guards,half chrome mirror caps,mud flaps,chrome finishers on boot and rear bumper step,chrome finishers round gear shift and cup holders,chrome door handle covers.d/4 grille conversion,chrome foglamp bezzells,parrot bluetooth.***sadly missed**********  
Post #88587319th Jan 2012 12:05 pm
eluijten

Belgium 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Andrew,

Sorry to hear from your loss. My condoleances and I wish you the best in this difficult time.

Erwin

Post #88587719th Jan 2012 12:10 pm
AndrewW

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Many thanks one and all for your kind thoughts and expressions of support.

This project is one of many threads which I hope to weave into a new life - one which it can be a struggle to see as worthy, after a loss like this. But the answer lies in friends and friendship, in support from near and far, and in sympathetic progress. All of those are here as much as in my home life; this project keeps me actively involved in it. Passivity was never my style, but an easy trap to fall into after bereavement.

So thanks again all, in words. The deeds are to follow.

I hope for great (and soon) things, especially in co-operation with Simon from x-eng.

Watch this space

In gratitude (and optimism)

Andrew
 2006 D3 finally swapped for a 2016 D4 Graphite in Graphite grey. No mods  
Post #88662921st Jan 2012 12:36 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Very sorry to learn of your loss Andrew.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #88663221st Jan 2012 12:55 am
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Andrew,
Sympathy and huge respect.
For some moments in life there are no words.

Post #88663721st Jan 2012 1:50 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 7 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >