Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

EPB issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
mahoneyt

United Kingdom 

Hi guys, finally got in to the EPB module. See attached picture. Now off Its difficult to see if any cables have unattached. Do I need to unwind the brass rod until it's even both sides and that should be it? Thanks

Post #195245110th Jun 2018 10:06 am
mahoneyt

United Kingdom 

hi, please find attached images. all advise welcome ! thanks in advance.

Post #195245210th Jun 2018 10:17 am
sputnixb51

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Can’t see any images in your post ?

Post #195245410th Jun 2018 10:30 am
mahoneyt

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

Post #195245910th Jun 2018 10:45 am
mahoneyt

United Kingdom 

Hi guys, I have attempted to rotate the brass rod on the passenger's side downwards and it's not budging, is it advisable to hit the end of the screwdriver with a hammer to see if that will release it? thanks

Post #195246110th Jun 2018 10:50 am
mahoneyt

United Kingdom 

Hi Guys, finally got it moving and it is starting to slacken then brake shoes, i can't tell if the cable has released from either side of the EPB module, so assuming it hasn't as i haven't pulled the emergency brake pull inside the vehicle, so fingers crossed all should be attached. only thing i'm not 100% sure is how far to unwide the brass rod... thanks

Post #195246610th Jun 2018 11:11 am
Henda

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

From that picture the cables are latched in DM's post he takes the brass rod to the o/s .check to see if the cables are okay brake side ,back off all the adjusters and refit the cables shoes etc and rebuild the brakes leave the cover off the module,try the EPB and look to see what it's doing it should I think move back and forth while it takes up the cable tension Thumbs Up
 All transmission oil replaced
3 flash indicators
All timing belts changed
EPB serviced
De cat fitted
Wind deflectors
De-tango done
Tints fitted
Egr blanked 

Post #195247210th Jun 2018 11:58 am
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

To be sure its latched wind the brass rod all the way to the drivers side, an easy way to check if both cables are still attached to the shoes is to unscrew the cable from the back side of the back plates and see if you can pull out the cable, if it comes out all the way then your cable is not attached to the shoe.

If you don't make sure the cables are attached to the shoe's then you will jam the epb again..

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #195249110th Jun 2018 1:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mahoneyt

United Kingdom 

thanks Flack and Henda for the reply. all sorted and back together. big thanks to Disco Mickey's write up as couldn't have done it without it !

Post #195250410th Jun 2018 1:41 pm
Henda

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up
 All transmission oil replaced
3 flash indicators
All timing belts changed
EPB serviced
De cat fitted
Wind deflectors
De-tango done
Tints fitted
Egr blanked 

Post #195266111th Jun 2018 7:40 am
mahoneyt

United Kingdom 
Rear EPB

Hi Everyone, my rear EPB has started making the dreaded squeeling again on applying the EPB, so I have taken the rear discs off and checked the shoes, which on the drivers side rear had one of the retaining pins missing and the shoe was leaning forwards which was making the breaks squeek when being applied and going in reverse. I have made a temporary fix to by using a a bolt with nut on the outside and tighten to prevent shoe dropping forward. There is no damage to the disc inside but a slight burr on one edge noting too major. I have a couple of questions which I have listed below regarding the bedding in process and brake module, please could someone advise, so when I replace the pin and copper ease everything up I know the correct process when applying?

1) will I need to put the brakes into service mode and remove the fuse in the main box under the bonnet
2) after service mode has been applied, will I need to roll back the brake module so it's fully released
3) once module has been released, release the kernels on the rear brakes and clean and apply copper ease
4) once cleaned apply discs follow the fitting instructions and tighten kernels and aplly a torque wrench to 70/70nm, then back off 8 clicks
5) then do I need to follow the bedding in process once all back together or can I miss this step as iw was done on the original install

Please could you advise if the above steps are correct or can I miss some of the steps out?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Post #22456147th Aug 2021 4:37 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Quote:
1) will I need to put the brakes into service mode and remove the fuse in the main box under the bonnet/// No

2) after service mode has been applied, will I need to roll back the brake module so it's fully released
Not uless its Jammed on.

3) once module has been released, release the kernels on the rear brakes and clean and apply copper ease
Yes

4) once cleaned apply discs follow the fitting instructions and tighten kernels and aplly a torque wrench to 70/70nm, then back off 8 clicks
Yes

5) then do I need to follow the bedding in process once all back together or can I miss this step as iw was done on the original install
No its a waste of time..
Quote:

Flack

Post #22456187th Aug 2021 4:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mahoneyt

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the quick response Flack. One additional question 😁 if the brake module is jammed will I need to put the parking brake in service mode or can I do this without putting into service mode? Thanks.

Post #22456227th Aug 2021 5:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >