Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

espri - Probefahrt
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
espri

Austria 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
espri - Probefahrt

I had a shortish test drive today in a black TDV6 HSE, automatic. Very pleasant it was too, on a beautiful autumn morning.

And, as you can see, I am even chasing horse and carts, to deliver Martin's beer. Very Happy

The car had 20" delta wheels, with Pirelli Scorpion Zero tyres. Without any Disco experience, I cannot really comment on them (the dealer said that they were "harder" than the standard setup).

The only problem I had with the car (apart from the fact that I couldn't figure out how to work the cruise control - I tried pressing both buttons on the left side of the steering wheel but that didn't seem to do the job) was that, when I went onto the autobahn, the bonnet started fluttering at around 120 kms/hr - it hadn't been closed properly. Luckily, it didn't fly off.

I enjoyed the drive very much and I might have placed an order right away - if it hadn't been for this forum!

The thread about LPG conversion for the Disco made me think that that might be of interest to me. The dealer said right away, of course, that the conversion would invalidate the warranty. However, he is going to ask LR. Actually, since then I have done more calculations and it seems that LPG isn't such a good deal, economically, here in Germany as in the UK. The price ration LPG/diesel here is around 63/107 compared to the UK figures of 35/96 mentioned in the thread. And, if the figures of 15mpg with LPG as compared to 30mpg diesel are correct, the benefit to the enviroment isn't as great as I originally thought, either.

So I shall probably go ahead and order a diesel sometime soon.

I have placed more photos from this fine autumn morning in my gallery.

Eric

PS Forgot to say that when I returned to the dealer (yes, I gave the car back Crying or Very sad ), there was another Disco standing there, already registered, rather attractive in Alveston Red. It was encouraging to see that someone had already bought one, for I haven't seen many (any?) on the road here.

And two other oiunts I had forgotten:
Every time I switched on the ignition, the car would warn: "too little cooling fluid". When I reported this to the salesman, he said, "Ah, yes. That is a known problem. There is a problem with a sensor and there has been a call-back from LR. We just haven't got around to correcting the sensor on this car".
That wasn't very confidence-building, especially as the Disco only had 89 kms on the clock when I picked it, i.e. it was brand new. Does anyone know what truth there is in this story.

On a lighter note, one slight disappointment for me is that the disco only has arm-rests on one side, in the middle of the car. On my current VW Caravelle I am used to having arm-rests both sides and rather like that. Are all British Disco3 drivers one-armed bandits?

Post #2767113th Nov 2005 12:04 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >