Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Expo Mounts
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MARKW

United Kingdom 
Expo Mounts

I'm after a set of mounts for an Expo rack. The D3 rack doesn't give the option of buying them separately. But the RRS rack does have that option.I spoke to Nick at Yeovil today and he sent me the page from Microcat. But I'm not sure that they will fit my D3.
So does anyone have a spare set of D3 Expo rack mounts or can make me a set or have any diagrams of them so I can get them made.
Or if anyone knows if the RRS mounts will bolt to the roof of the D3. I don't mind a bit of adaptation to make them fit. Just need to be sure that they will actualy bolt to the roof.

Anyone help me Bow down Bow down
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #40611720th Jan 2009 7:21 pm
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post395978.html#395978

Post #40612120th Jan 2009 7:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MARKW

United Kingdom 

I was looking for that post. Obviously using the wrong search words.

Begging PM on it's way as we speak Whistle Bow down Bow down Bow down

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #40612920th Jan 2009 7:38 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Only just seen your PM in my inbox there Mark, All I can help you with is the same info that Discowex has supplied mate. Underneath your front rubber trim, where the sunroof n screen meet you will see the torq screw already there to remove and use as the front mounting point.

When / If you do go with a RRS rack with home made mounts you must post pics as its a cheaper option for people. Thumbs Up

Post #40628320th Jan 2009 10:03 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Ahhhh. RRS rack is not my option. I have a more cunning plan. Fit a set of mounts from either the D3 or RRS. And I have a nice big chunk of ali tube. About an inch in dia with a 3mm wall. So plenty strong enough. I also have a tame welder who can do ali nicely. So 1 cheap rack. If it turns out pants then I've lost it for the cost of a set of mounts. So no biggy really. If it works I've got a nice rack.

Plan is to style it on the expo, not sure about the curved front edge though. Well how to achieve it really. 1 big curve is going to be hard to get and be nice..
If I can get the frame sorted the next hurdle is the floor of the rack. Either go with slats or sheet. Will have to see if there's anything else in the store next to the ali tube Whistle .

Will keep you all posted of my hair brained ideas and any progress that I make.

Post #40630220th Jan 2009 10:21 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

How wide is an Expo rack? I have the front mounts made and should be collecting the rears next week. So just looking for rough dimensions of a gen rack. Anyone have 1 lying around for basic measurements. Height/depth/width.

Many thanks

Post #4166116th Feb 2009 8:37 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Does anyone have a gen rack that looks like a G4 rack but without the holes cut out for lights and no floor? I've been offered 1 but I'm assuming it's the same size as a G4 but without the features as stated above?

Post #44644729th Mar 2009 8:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >