DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Extended leather pack, TPMS & premium carpet mats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
promitheus

Greece 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Extended leather pack, TPMS & premium carpet mats

Hi everyone,

After a few years of endeavour, saving and hard work, I've reached the point of final negotiations with LR regarding a new D4 HSE SDV6 Corris Gray. Very Happy So as subject dictates I'd really appreciate your opinions on these offered options. More specificaly:

LR now offers an extended leather pack option which includes the following leather additions: door armrests, door grab handles, door top rolls and fascia topper pad. Has anyone got that on their car, does it come as standard with the windsor leather for HSE, and most important, since the bits added are at very volatile places due to hand and sun contact (latter especially true for the Greek climate) does it show any signs of quick wear out (since it's real leather compared to leatherette)? I realise that this is a recently added option (started a year ago I suppose with MY13), but any opinions would be more than welcomed.

Anyone has TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring system)? How functional is it? Any problems?

What's the difference between the standard carpet mats that come with a new HSE and the 90 quid more expensive premium ones that come as an added option?

Thanks to all! 8)

Post #113682727th Jul 2013 8:25 am
Farmer Chalk

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Hi there ...good choice firstly... I've got the extended leather on my HSE Lux and it is very impressive and just finishes the car off... Ideally I would have liked it also to cover the centre console which is slightly detrimental to the rest of the interior as it is quite plasticky...
Re longevity I've now done 12,000 miles in mine but drive for many hours a day... The only wear I have noticed is a slight sheening of the leather that is fitted to the drivers door capping where I rest my right arm. Other than that it is gorgeous and without doubt the best car I have ever owned! I would order a light interior though otherwise you'll be burning your bum as my ebony interior gets incredibly hot when sat in the sun....

Re the mats... Don't bother unless you are intent on keeping the car immaculate and don't use it daily... Mine were taken out straight away and replaced with the LR rubber mats which are a far better investment....
Also don't bother with the surround camera system.. Other than the rear reversing camera you'll never use it... Mirror ones are ok but front facing cameras are a total waste of time...

Post #113683227th Jul 2013 8:39 am
promitheus

Thanks for the quick response Farmer Chalk.
That's exactly my fear and considering that 12000 is not much I don't know what one could expect at 60000. However, I'm sure it must be a very nice addition. Possibly some leather conditioners mention in a recent thread (http://www.disco4.com/forum/topic95420.html)may take the shine off.
Regarding ebony, I do love the almond alternative, but it would be quite hard to keep clean, so I hope that climate control would help things out. In addition during Greek summers there is just not enough you can do when temps reach 35 or 40! Shocked

Post #113683427th Jul 2013 8:53 am
phl

Australia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

The TPMS is next to useless, as all it does is warn of low pressure, rather than actually telling you the pressure.

Mine came with Premium leather, which has all that, and a softer leather; not sure how well it will withstand off-road use. 40+C days not uncommon here once you go inland.

Mine also came with premium carpet mats; so far no problems, but it's relatively new, albeit I've been off-road with it.

Post #113694227th Jul 2013 3:10 pm
promitheus

Thanks phl.
I've read similar posts about the TPMS. It's the instrument that will warn you just in time before you drive your car for many km's with a low pressure tire, which could ruin it (the tire - a fairly expensive repair that is). So taking into account that one of the D4 tires costs about 300 pounds, and the TPMS costs around 580 maybe it's not that bad an idea. Have you ever actually seen it working, is it accurate? Does it ever give false alarms? BTW I've read that batteries on the TPMS have to be changed every 5 years or so and they are pretty expensive. Anyone knows if that's true and how much are they?

Post #113695227th Jul 2013 3:39 pm
phl

Australia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

I bought an after market TPMS (TyreDog) for AUD$175 (just over GBP100); it tells me actual pressure and temperature, and just replaces valve caps. Sensor batteries lasts about a year, but easy replacement. So save your money.

Post #113751929th Jul 2013 11:21 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >