DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

what the F*** - Mercedes F!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Re: Fix

Flapper wrote:
They just proved you can put anybody in a Merc and they would win. Car not driver.

What a totally ignorant comment, clearly you know absolutely nothing about Formula 1.
 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿  
Post #21922427th Dec 2020 8:16 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

don't particularly like Hamilton's 'political persona' but you can't take away his absolute brilliance as a driver, best car or otherwise. He didn't always have the best car and even now he is that 'marginal gain' that is leveraged when added into the mix.

George Russell is obviously a superb talent and, probable, future star but however brilliant his first outing was (and it was) that has to be replicated over an over as Hamilton (and others) has proven. Sport is awash with stars that never made the grade ultimately.

Personally I think Russell is the heir-in-waiting, Merc' must be rubbing their hands with Glee. Sign Hamilton up for next season now and write their joint history. Russell to be number 3 for 2022 season debut but with Bottas ditched in/during 2021 if deemed necessary.

Post #21923358th Dec 2020 9:27 am
Kenny57

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I hate conspiracy theories, but sadly it looks like the fabled and infamous "Bernie's button" is back. Was obvious Russell has the talent and could have won, twice, but the less well informed would only see a tail-ender winning only because of the car. That would be bad for the sport, not to mention Botas. Just can't decide if it was just at team level or further up. Either way it was a bad decision because it was way too obvious. But then I suppose there's no rule that team bosses, or even sport owners, can't make bad decisions just like drivers. Michael at Rascasse? Nelson Piquet Jr's crashgate? Crying or Very sad

Post #219298010th Dec 2020 6:03 pm
Paul J.

United Kingdom 

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
 An ex-Disco3 / FFRR owner ......

..... now on the JLR electric highway. 

Post #219301910th Dec 2020 7:49 pm
jenseneverest

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Well the bore fest looks to return this weekend with Hamiltons return.... Why bother the championship is wrapped up already....

Post #219302210th Dec 2020 7:55 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Kenny57 wrote:
I hate conspiracy theories

And then spouts one. Whistle Rolling with laughter
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #219309911th Dec 2020 8:11 am
Kenny57

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Ok, you got me....

I love conspiracy theories.....

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Kenny57 on 19th Dec 2020 9:53 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #219312311th Dec 2020 10:01 am
Gorilla63

United Kingdom 

I think Lewis will stay with Mercedes for next season and he wants to win a record number of GP's - he has always said he wants to finish his career with Ferrari, so that would be an interesting move, I'd love to see him with Schumacher - but that is looking unlikely now. Lewis has become a brand now which is a bit disappointing, but understandable. Certainly some great talent coming through now. Thought Ricciardo's move to Renault was a mistake, but understand his need to move. Hopefully his change next season will ignite a tighter competition. Those people going on about "any driver would win with the Mercedes" should realise it's possible with a one off on the right track, but you've still got to drive the car, last weekend was on a fast track. I have gone off Hamilton a bit due to his dragging politics and his vegan bullsh!t into the spotlight, but certainly appreciate his talent. I think people have little appreciation of how relentless it must be to consistently perform at this level, not just once or twice but over the period that he has done so. It's a remarkable achievement.

Post #219322911th Dec 2020 6:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >