Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Fault with front and rear parking sensors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
chris999

Fault with front and rear parking sensors

Having worked perfectly for over a year, my front parking sensors are only giving a continuous beep from when I turn on the vehicle until I am well clear of any obstacles (no intermittent beeping at all). I had assumed that one of the sensors must be covered up etc, but have cleaned them all. At the same time, the rear sensors appear to have reduced their effectiveness such that a constant beep is given when up-close to an object, but no intermittent beeping before then ! Any thoughts appreciated before I head off to the dealer to discuss ?

Many thanks

Post #9166862nd Apr 2012 1:45 pm
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Have you been a bit over zealous with the pressure washer?

Daft as it seems for something that is so exposed to the elements (particularly on the front) but they are susceptible to water ingress... this was certainly the case with the Fun Prevention Officer's first F2.

Not sure if this helps - no doubt someone with far more relevant knowledge will be along shortly...
 D4 Commercial - 65 Plate, 2016MY

D5 Commercial - Handed back when I left that job…
D4 Commercial (2014MY) - gone
D4 Commercial SDV6 - Baltic Blue (also gone)
D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #9167822nd Apr 2012 6:55 pm
sbrown

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I just had a very similar problem with the front - was about to take it to the dealers when I solved the problem.

Turns out the front number plate was hanging off at one side. Guessing someone had tried to steal it and got interrupted. Not sure if will help your problem at all but might be worth a look?
 Action Cam Talk - Free Action camera chat and member discounts
www.actioncamtalk.com 

Post #9168552nd Apr 2012 10:11 pm
chris999

Thanks both - I cleaned and checked all of the sensors thoroughly and that had no impact. I have just spent a pleasant day in pouring rain enduring the entire M1 and plenty of other roads and, parking the vehicle up, noticed that they are now all working perfectly ! I give up... Thanks again.

Post #9189929th Apr 2012 7:15 pm
crwoody

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I had one of my rear ones go intermittently recently, initially worked OK from "cold" but stopped working with a constant beeeep in ever decreasing times, then eventually failed altogether.

I replaced it with a new one ( about £35 ) and took the old one apart just out of curiosity, it was very wet inside and unrepairable
 Clive

Post #9190359th Apr 2012 8:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >