Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Faultmate MSV and MY2012 Disco
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Phillw

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Break. What’s one of them? Laughing
Well my new D4 has arrived at the dealers and I am picking it up on Saturday. Yippee! Very Happy
All I need is my MSV2 working with MY12. I need to activate the ”callstart of parking heater” and Logic 7. Good to know that the parts you need have arrived. Thanks for keeping us all informed about the progress you are making. Keep up the good work. I for one appreciate it and I am sure there are quite a few other forum members do also. Now need to get new TUP codes.
Well done Colin
Thumbs Up

Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS
Discovery 3 TDV6 S
Discovery 2 TD5
2009 Swift Conqueror
MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #91262421st Mar 2012 8:13 pm
wotters

United Kingdom 

much appreciated in anticipation of purchase for 'Tiny' 2012 D4,
break is over now...

Post #91549129th Mar 2012 7:56 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hi ho all and everyone,
Sorry it has been a while, but we are now finally making some good progress on the 2012 CCF stuff.
Trust me, it has not been easy, but I expect to be able to post up more info in the next day or two

regards

Post #94142112th Jun 2012 7:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Good news Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #94142912th Jun 2012 8:05 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #94146412th Jun 2012 8:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Phillw

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Hi Colin,
That’s really good news. Looks like I will have to order some new TUP codes. Hopefully I should be able to get my remote park heat activated soon. Is the ICE system on the 2012 D4 the same as the Evoque? Really looking forward to getting the 2012 D4 software.
Well done to all at Blackbox. Thumbs Up

Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS
Discovery 3 TDV6 S
Discovery 2 TD5
2009 Swift Conqueror
MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #94146712th Jun 2012 8:50 pm
wotters

United Kingdom 

good news, can't wait to turn off the auto rain sensor for starters ...

Post #94159713th Jun 2012 5:21 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

As i stated in the first post on the 2nd page of this thread, now all the distractions of last year are out of the way and we can start catching up, in fairness we are proceeding in a logical and progressive manner, which means we have been concentrating mainly on adding the input and output functions and other stuff that has always been missing on the pre 2010 vehicle software (EG D3) as our first priority.

This is actually very much the hardest and slowest thing we have to do, as this functionality is all new to us, so we are having to figure it all out as we go, which takes an awful lot of time, and of course then we are having to write the code for these functions from scratch. We are however now a good 2 thirds into this and have already added many hundreds of new things on many Systems. So much in fact that updating the help file is going to take several days Shocked

We won't actually start work on adding things to the the 2010 onwards software (EG D4) until we complete the pre 2010 software, however once we start, i expect progress to be very swift in adding all the functionality the pre 2010 stuff has, including flashing and the input output functions to the post 2010 software, as although there will be some differences and additions, mainly it will be the same, saving us vast amounts of figuring out time and we can simply modify the Code we already wrote for the pre 2010 stuff and re use huge amounts of that rather than write it from scratch.

That being said, since we now have a post 2010 test rig, up and running, i figured we could afford to spend a bit of time out from our Pre 2010 development work, to update the 2010 CCF edit, so it is totally correct and also get it working (also correctly of course) on the 2012 on vehicles so at least you chaps will be able to change stuff.

And i am happy to tell you that we pretty much nailed that totally today Thumbs Up

Although in this thread i have previously posted up some pictures of the new 2010 on wiring looms and ECU's we acquired to build our test rig, I thought you might like to see a pictures of it all up and running.

Click image to enlarge

It is currently on the floor and a bit spread out at present, but we will pick it all up and put it it on a bench.

I did have to buy a few ECU's that were missing and now the only ECU that is not optional and still missing is the Automatic gearbox, as this is built into the gearbox itself.

If you look closely, just above dead center of this picture, you can see the Central Junction Box / Body Control Unit that holds the CCF and sets the entire test rigs identity, and although originally this is a 2011 Range Rover Sport, by swapping this unit out we can turn it into a 2012 D4. Hence if you look just below the Power supply at the rear center you will see another CJB/BCU that is not currently connected. That is a brand new 2012 CJB/BCU Thumbs Up

Here is another more close up picture of the touch screen and Instrument pack. Apparently the doors are all open Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge

Dead center of this picture you can see the key.
To the bottom left of the touch screen, you can also see the start button, that we are currently using a yellow cable tie to hold in permanently, as the rig seems to currently require this to stay on for some (as yet) unknown reason.

Regarding the ICE, currently this test rig only has a pre 2012 IHU, the touch screen and an Amp. I had to add the latter and use a bit of D3 most bus to add this, as although the dash part of the infotainment / most bus was present, the rear infotainment / most bus loom was one bit not included.

Initially the Most bus did not work and on investigation i was pretty stunned to discover that on the 2 pin
fibre optic front to rear interconnect of the Most bus, the in and outs were actually reversed. I can only imagine that the interconnect on the rear part of the ICE loom that was fitted to this vehicle was also reversed Rolling Eyes

In any event i have already obtained a very high spec 2010 on D4 rear ICE loom with connectors for pretty much everything. And i will be adding that to this test rig when we get to this stage, I have also acquired a 2012 Dual view screen.

So clearly i am very much thinking ahead and on the case re even 2012 stuff, i only wish we had more hours in the day Thumbs Up

Post #94237814th Jun 2012 7:06 pm
APL

France 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

When you do get around to the 2012 bit, there are a lot of customers over here in Ireland wanting to know if it is going to be possible to retro-install the Navigation units to the Utility models that have the High Ice already in situ.......?
 2016 Discovery 4 Commercial
2019 Discovery 5 HSE 

Post #94239414th Jun 2012 7:23 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

ditto

I think the HDD is already there.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #94248914th Jun 2012 10:21 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Well all you D4 owning, Guys and Gals, especially the 2012 MY owners
I have some good news, good news and even more good news.

We are now but a few working hours away from releasing V1.30 for the Faultmate MSV-2,
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post945178.html#945178

Although this mainly fills in most of the previously missing capability for D3 owners, as i have previously stated, I have also ensured that the CCF edit function is bought up to date, such that it can be also used even on 2012 vehicles to change whatever settings and enable whatever you wish Thumbs Up

Post #94518721st Jun 2012 6:47 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Good news Colin

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #94526521st Jun 2012 9:10 pm
kastone

Germany 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Good news!

Klaus
 Klaus Nahr - discovery3.de
Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE 

Post #94554922nd Jun 2012 1:25 pm
Ecosse

BBS SPY wrote:
We are now but a few working hours away from releasing V1.30 for the Faultmate MSV-2,
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post945178.html#945178
:

Colin - does the "small" Faultmate FCR also now cover all the 2012MY functions?, or does this post just refer to the MSV?. Thanks.

Post #94555522nd Jun 2012 1:36 pm
mlines

Does this mean the Timed Heater can be enabled on my 2012 RRS, if so would someone offering the service PM me.

Martin

Post #94563822nd Jun 2012 3:50 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >