wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

releasing V1.30 for the Faultmate MSV-2,
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #94566522nd Jun 2012 4:22 pm
Ogiesc

South Africa 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
question regarding Faultmate

Would it leave a trace if you plug a Faultmate into the port of a D3 or D4? Even if you just browse around and set nothing.
i.e Would land Rover know that you attempted to plug a diagnostic device into the vehicle from the logs?

Post #94770127th Jun 2012 9:00 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Re: question regarding Faultmate

Ogiesc wrote:
Would it leave a trace if you plug a Faultmate into the port of a D3 or D4? Even if you just browse around and set nothing.
i.e Would land Rover know that you attempted to plug a diagnostic device into the vehicle from the logs?

No bud they have no way of knowing this..

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #94773227th Jun 2012 9:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

mlines wrote:
Does this mean the Timed Heater can be enabled on my 2012 RRS, if so would someone offering the service PM me.

Martin

No doubt all of us (site sponsors) who have MV D4 on the msv2 will offer this service. Once things are all going again ill have it available and listed on my web site as i have with the D4 6 speed stuff.

Not forgetting the BBS Genesis, when its complete and D4 is eventually added it should offer CCF edit functions as well as the service reset and fault code stuff.

I appreciate BBS still have lots of work to do yet on the system and first finish the D3 stuff but ive no doubt the same function list will be added for the D4 and the rest of the landrover range in due course. Time to get the cables in stock before the mad rush lol.

Pete

Post #94773927th Jun 2012 10:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kastone

Germany 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

wiggs wrote:
releasing V1.30 for the Faultmate MSV-2,

Where can I get it?

Klaus
 Klaus Nahr - discovery3.de
Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE 

Post #9525899th Jul 2012 8:07 pm
geoff.

England 

its not been released yet, should be very soon Thumbs Up

Post #9525939th Jul 2012 8:09 pm
gseum

Germany 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverLR4

Hi,

the new version was released 13th of July. Did anybody make first experiences?

For Disco 4 relevant changes:
- Discovery 4/RRS2010- CCF and EUCD pages updated
- Discovery 4/RRS/L322-2010 on CCF BACKUP and RESTORE functions added
- Vehicle scan page updated (minor reading issues fixed)
- Discovery 4 Added 2012 bootloaders
- Discovery 4 BCM CCF write issues fixed

And for the V8 in my LR4 probably also relevant:
- Discovery 3/RRS CCF sync for NA-V6 , NA-V8, Supercharged petrol EMS fixed

I don't now if I should try it on my holidays...

Greetings from -at this time- Italy
gseum
 Discovery 4/LR4 HSE 5.0 V8 MY2010 // Volvo XC60 II T8 Inscription Fusion Red MY2020 // Hyundai Kona Electric Trend MY2020 // Bürstner TravelVan 620G MY2020  
Post #95759122nd Jul 2012 10:33 am
Ecosse

BBS SPY wrote:
Hiya Bill
With the current firmware on the FCR you will be able to read and clear faults from all the systems except those infotainment ones on the Most Bus. .

Is the FCR yet fully compatible with the MY2012 systems?, or are some of the systems still outstanding?

Post #9619913rd Aug 2012 11:26 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hiya Ecosse

We have to finish the rest of the I/O functions on the D3, then bring the 2010 stuff including D4 up to the same spec, and then we can start to develop coverage and capability for the few differences that the 2012 MY introduced in the Infotainment stuff. Only then can we look at updating the FCR to be fully compatible with the Infotainment systems in the 2012 MY vehicles.

All other systems are covered.

Post #9621013rd Aug 2012 4:52 pm
Ecosse

Unnecessary quote removed

Hi - why do LR need to make things so complicated for us all Shocked
BBS - are you still charging the full licence VIN upgrade in the meantime while it remains not fully compatible? While I understand that it's a bit out of your control unless you throw resources at it, the MY 2012 has been out for some 8-10 months, & I would hope that you would provide some interim VIN upgrade pending completion as the portability from one vehicle to another was always one of the strongly promoted points of the unit (you can surely program in a time limitation when provinding the upgrade to ensure users do a full upgrade in due course once you have completed the software update?)

Post #9621993rd Aug 2012 9:45 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Ecosse:
Although it is off topic somewhat, can you clarify exactly what you mean by "interim VIN upgrade", especially in respect of what changes you expect on the 25 Euro admin fee you were charged to upgrade your FCR from your Discovery 3 to your new Discovery 4.

If you are suggesting that we change the sub 200 GBP only (180 with discount) fixed price of the FCR hardware and software kit for any vehicle model regardless, and now base it upon the amount of vehicle systems it covers, then in fairness i should also factor in the aspect that the Disco 4 actually has significantly more on board systems than a Discovery 3.
Then, as and when we do add more, of course there would be a charge for that also Thumbs Up

gseum:
While the V1.30 update was mostly about adding a good portion of the vast amount of I/O functions for MSV-2 Disco 3 owners, we did indeed respond to the many polite requests we got in respect of the problems in writing the CCF on 2012 vehicles and so took a few days out of the schedule to fix this and include it as part of the update.

Although devloping the I/O functions for the D3 is a long and hard development process, we expect providing teh same for the D4 will then be much quicker and easier.

Post #9627355th Aug 2012 7:08 pm
Ecosse

Unnecessary quote removed

BBS - the FCR I have is locked to a 2010 D4, never had one for a D3, and the full price was paid for it, not a 25 Euro admin fee as you state.
The point I am making is that if, as you indicate, the FCR is still not fully updated with the 2012 models - and we are heading for a year since that model was released! - then, as these units have always been promoted on the basis that they were upgradeable/transferable, you are going to obtain much more goodwill from your customer base (rather than risk scepticism as to whether the unit can deliver what is expected) if you provided a different upgrade route/cost pending the 2012 software being finalised (you have posted variously how you control the software anyway).
You can surely provide a time locked update pending finalising the full updating? - specifically if an existing customer is looking to upgrade, why not provide the VIN lock change foc for 6 months to give you time to complete the software, with the software locking out after that 6 months in the event that the vin upgrade to the completed software is not purchased; I can't see that existing customers will worry about the unit locking after 6 months as it is of no use for a new car anyway until the vin is unlocked and this would demonstrate to your customer base that development is indeed continuing and intended for completion.
I for one would be reluctant to invest further in a unit where the development is not keeping pace with the cars, and would look at the alternative route of selling the FCR which is fine for the older models and buying a new unit once they are finalised - but the risk for you as a business is that existing customers are then looking at the whole market rather than having brand loyalty Wink[/img]

Post #9629416th Aug 2012 8:53 am
amazing

China 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

dear bbs

stop wasting valuable D4 developement time answering posts Laughing

other peeps
Very Happy
stop asking bbs so many questions us D4 users are an impatient bunch. We want it all....NOW

p.s. waiting to buy
so hurry up. Very Happy

cant wait for the google open source one to become available. Whistle
 It is better to have and not need it then need and not have it.  
Post #9629546th Aug 2012 9:24 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Don't worry Amazing, I know exactly what you are thinking, and i do thank you for your input. It would be nice if others aslo chipped in, but no matter what, i promise that I have not lost the plot Thumbs Up

I know full well that absolutely nothing else on the "Whole Market" comes even close to being comparable to any of our equipment, and if one day, someone else ever manages to catch up with us, then maybe "Brand loyalty" may become a more significant factor than it currently is. For now, i will happily stick with producing the best possible equipment and capability at the best possible price to help the most needy and appreciative.

Surely, we did loose a lot of time due to the power supply and re location problems we had last year. But this is now over and our re location especially puts us in a truly great position to make up any lost time and then some.

I know that many purchased the MSV-2 for the Disco 3 at the same price it is today, when all it really did was just read and clear fault codes, but with the promise of more to come. Although we have since added a lot of other things along with the Amazing CCF editing and Full flashing capabilities, As the new I/O capability added with V1.30 clearly shows, we do things fully and properly and nothing less is acceptable to us.

Yes Amazing, you D4 owners are indeed an impatient and very demanding bunch. Those that are lucky enough to even be able to afford a 2012 MY Vehicle especially, But as nice as you guys are, you are all really going to have to wait your turn at the BBS Fountain.

I promise you it will come, and also that it will not be too long, as progress is now being made at quite a pace every working day, but i really do have to fulfill all prior promises i made to others first.

Post #9631176th Aug 2012 7:10 pm
Bill Wright

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

I recently transferred my FCR licence from MY10 to MY12 and going by what yer man Ron said in an email, the only things that are different are in the "infotainment" section. I have a few other items that don't respond but that's because they aren't present on my vehicle. Perhaps it would be helpful to provide on here, a list of exactly what needs upgrading to make all us MY12 owners less fractious as we await our turn at 'the tap'.

Bill Very Happy
 Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

D4 SDV6 SE Tech Kaikoura Stone MY15. 

Post #9631736th Aug 2012 9:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >