DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Faultmate MSV and MY2012 Disco
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hiya Bill

Yep that is correct, it is only the infotainment which is different after 2012 MY, as i also mentioned before on this thread.

Your suggestion to clarify and quantify the exact details, is also a great idea for which i thank you Thumbs Up
It will certainly put a true perspective on it.

As the Disco 4 and Range Rover Sport are electronically identical, we treat them the same and list 39 different vehicle systems, of which 8 are infotainment.
In 2012 MY on, this goes down to 7 as the Phone becomes part of another unit rather than a separate ECU.

These are:

The Integrated Audio module, which provides the Gateway capability to the Most Bus Systems
The Audio Amplifier
The Touch screen
The Digital Audio Broadcast module (DAB)
The SDARS, US spec only digital radio system. in fact you can't have DAB and SDARS, only one or the other
The Television Tuner
The Rear seat entertainment Module

Considering that we supply the FCR for just 199 GBP or 180 GBP when discounted, and that there is a substantial hardware element that is fixed. This only leaves a certain amount that could be said to be representative of the software element.

On a D4 FCR, this amount divided by the systems covered roughly calculates as somewhere between 1.75 and 2.25 GBP per system.

Therefore the total value in a fractional form of the not covered infotainmentm ystems on a 2012 MY D4 compared to pre 2012 D4's translates to a value of somewhere between 10 and 15 GBP.

The true reality is that on a cost per system basis, which is what is being questioned, even without the Infotainment systems being covered on a 2012 MY D4, it is still the best value per vehicle system FCR we provide.

Some FCR versions we supply, actually cover just 4 or 7 vehicle systems for exactly the same price as those that cover 30 plus.

I would also add that the FCR was never ever intended to be anything more than something you would keep in the glovebox and use in an emergency situation, to read and clear fault codes on systems that would othersise possibly immobilze a vehicle and so possibly provide a way to get you home. That we included capability to read and clear fault codes on even the Infotainment systems, is really a luxury rather than a necessity in our eyes.

Post #9634737th Aug 2012 7:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRR207

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I am looking at getting a Faultmate FCR. I have previously had a Hawkeye unit for my RR so know the value of having a unit that can read/clear codes.

I currently have a specific issue & was wondering whether the unit would be able to fix it....

My front windows seem have lost their 'one touch closure' function, they still open with one touch, the rears work perfectly. This impacts on the 'total closure' alarm function!

Would clearing the fault code which I assume there will be sort this issue? I have recently had 13pin towing electrics fitted & am assuming it is related.

Thanks for your help.
 Nick

2010 D4 ....... now gone and replaced with a 05RRV Autobiography

Member of Wessex4x4Response, (Bristol team) 

Post #96495912th Aug 2012 11:50 am
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Dont need a faultmate to sort windows ...

Pull the window up .. Release the button for a couple of seconds ...then hold up again for 3 seconds

1 touch should work again ( do it for each window that dosent work )
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #96496212th Aug 2012 12:00 pm
RRR207

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Thanks Wiggs.

I wish all Land Rover problems were so easy to fix!
 Nick

2010 D4 ....... now gone and replaced with a 05RRV Autobiography

Member of Wessex4x4Response, (Bristol team) 

Post #96499512th Aug 2012 3:35 pm
Bill Wright

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

BBS SPY wrote:
Hiya Bill

Yep that is correct, it is only the infotainment which is different after 2012 MY, as i also mentioned before on this thread.

Your suggestion to clarify and quantify the exact details, is also a great idea for which i thank you Thumbs Up
It will certainly put a true perspective on it..............

The whole post was the perfect response - thanks for that Thumbs Up

Bill
 Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

D4 SDV6 SE Tech Kaikoura Stone MY15. 

Post #96507912th Aug 2012 7:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >