Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Faultmate MSV and MY2012 Disco
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>
graemesmith

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Faultmate MSV and MY2012 Disco

Anybody put a Faultmate MSV onto a MY2012 D4 yet?

Was thinking of buying one but can't find any info on whether it will actually enable anything on a new D4. The Bellautos site appears to specifically excludes the MY2012 from any of their available upgrades. I am told that the hardware in the new model is quite a bit different than the previous ones so maybe the Faultmate team haven't had time to work their magic yet?

Post #8554385th Nov 2011 7:37 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Think that is correct and it may be harder now to get that info as Pete does not have a D4 has gone to an Evoque
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #8554425th Nov 2011 8:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Unfortunately BBS don't have access to a D4 in Cyprus either Sad

I have spoke to them regarding this matter ... Colin's pretty sure the fault finding would be the same ... But can't be sure about CCF changes .
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #8554455th Nov 2011 8:05 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hiya all.
I have a bit more info on this now.

As expected, the basics of Faults etc is the same as Pre 2012 D4's, although the Infotainment stuff on the Most BUS has changed and we will have to sort this, but that should be no biggie.

The CCF seems pretty much the same, which is great news, but it seems there is a new Software number for the 2012 on BCU and possibly a new secondary boot loader that we need to add. After which CCF editing on 2012 on vehicles should be sorted.

Post #8554565th Nov 2011 8:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bill Wright

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

I'm transferring my FCR from MY10 D4 to MY12 D4.

Should I apply for the new licence for my FCR when I get the vehicle in two weeks time or will the updater not include the new bits so best to wait awhile?

Bill Wright
 Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

D4 SDV6 SE Tech Kaikoura Stone MY15. 

Post #8554595th Nov 2011 8:46 pm
graemesmith

Thanks guys.

I'm overwhelmed at the speed of the responses! I'll wait a little while until the software is sorted then order one.

Post #8554755th Nov 2011 10:11 pm
Calcul@tor

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Got any good photos? I'm after an Indus Silver for my gallery! Whistle
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #8555396th Nov 2011 12:26 am
graemesmith

pm sent.

Post #8555886th Nov 2011 10:08 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Bill

At present we do not intend to produce a new license for the 2012 MY D4 over the previous D4 MY's so you will only need to do a VIN change.

With the current firmware on the FCR you will be able to read and clear faults from all the systems except those infotainment ones on the Most Bus. We expect to be able to figure out the changes required to gateway to these before very long and will hopefully be able to do this transparently. If not, there may be a Menu selection change but they will be covered under the same D4 license.

Clearly there are some small differences with the 2012 MY changes we need to get our heads round and incorporate into our diagnostic systems, this may take us a little while as its a lot of hard work that has to be done just right and there is a lot of aspects involved, but this is of course what we happen to do all day and every day, and i really i do not expect for one moment that anyone who knows us, our capability or our equipment will doubt it's simply a matter of time.

My guys are already hard at work sorting out vast amounts of information and file numbers that are being added into the Flash File Loader stuff along with all the new secondary boot loaders.

Post #86118820th Nov 2011 6:19 pm
jedi

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

New to all this D4 electronics stuff but can usually sort mechanical problems... so will the faultmate enable me to get rid of those error messages eg parking brake fault etc...
Can some one explain exactly what a faultmate is and what it does..is it worth getting one.?? I have a 2009 Disco 4 manual with the 2.7 engine. (Still the best option for anti auto folk like me !!!!)
Thanks for your help. Stornoway Grey
 Disco 1 200tdi, Td5 x2, Range Rover 200tdi, P38, Defender 90, D3 (05) D3 (57)  
Post #86344525th Nov 2011 4:11 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Jedi

There are two main types of Faultmate.

The first is the Faultmate MSV-2 system, which uses an interface called the vehicle server that connects a PC to the vehicle. It is a really powerful and capable bit of equipment, capable of doing stuff even dealers can only dream of, and has earned itself quite a fearsome reputation amongst Disco 3 owners. Although it has all the basics (fault codes etc) for Disco 4, and it can change all the settings, it's still in its early stages, as indeed it once was with Disco 3.

Being such a capable tool, it's not exactly pocket money, but it can be purchased in a single vehicle mode, (which means it is locked to your vehicles VIN) from around 650 GBP plus all the usual VAT (but @15%) and shipping etc.

Here is a link to a document with more detail on it
http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/download...e_msv2.pdf
You will note that there are EXTREME and NANO versions, but most everyone goes for the EXTREME and you will find nothing but the highest of praise for it amongst the vast numbers of members on here that now own one.

The second is the Faultmate FCR, which is a really small stand alone unit with its own display and function control buttons. It is designed for owners to keep in their vehicles and is available only in Single vehicle form.
It only reads and clears faults, which of course suits most perfectly, but must not be confused with cheap generic fault code readers that are capable of only reading OBDII compliant codes from just the Engine management and Autobox (not in your case obviously Wink) as this is very Land Rover specific and like the MSV-2 reads fault codes from any and all on board vehicle systems (up to 25 or more if fitted) just as a dealers system would, but in a 50th of the time. It fully covers the Disco 4 systems.

It's ease of use, capability and flawless operation have also earned this a very huge degree of appreciation and respect.

It costs 199 GBP plus the usual, and here is the link to it's literature
http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/download...te_FCR.pdf

In fact it is worth noting that the reputation of both is so high, and as we do provide the capability to inexpensively re lock to different VIN's, used equipment is very highly sought after which results in any investor in one that has no further need of it getting most of their investment back.

Although this is a consideration, for most the sheer peace of mind of having your own kit, self confidence, self reliance, independence, bill saving and educational aspects alone make the investment an absolute no brainer, and for sure we have no complaints, except the very common "i wish i had got one sooner" if that counts, but ultimately only you can truly answer if it's worth you getting one.

Post #86352925th Nov 2011 6:13 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Anybody who buys the FM MSV2 will not be disappointed I have used car diagnostic equipment since the 70's and this has to be the best I have ever used for ease of use and having a safe backup facility. Its just has powerfull in stand alone mode.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #86358925th Nov 2011 7:54 pm
teddyflipper264

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hey BBS SPY,

I have a D4 Landmark and want to edit the ccf to enable features such a voice control etc.
May also be fitting rear camera that will need enabling.

Will the FCR unit be able to do this or do I need the MSV2?

Post #88719222nd Jan 2012 9:51 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

You can't alter the CCF with an FCR
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #88719422nd Jan 2012 9:56 pm
Phillw

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Hello BBS SPY,
Looking to purchase a 2012 MY.
Is there any news of a release date for the "Vehicle Explorer" software supporting a 2012MY for the MSV2.
Thank You.

Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS
Discovery 3 TDV6 S
Discovery 2 TD5
2009 Swift Conqueror
MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #88768923rd Jan 2012 11:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >