DISCO3.CO.UK > General

THE FAULTS HAVE STARTED 1 MONTH OLD
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
GNINJA

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
THE FAULTS HAVE STARTED 1 MONTH OLD

Hello all

My Disco is just one month old and the faults have started.

Nothing too serious.

1 I took the car into the dealer to adjust the upper tailgate aswell as getting some mudguards fitted. you guessed it the upper tail gate is worse than before, the service manager said it would take time for the rubber seals to give.

2 The red airbag light was staying on all the time. took it into the dealer now sorted but could not explain why.

3 The voice recognition has vanished from the vehicle, took it to the dealer and they cant explain why or sort it, they have said it is not a fault they have come across and need the car for 2 days (promised me a Disco 3 replacement). It only had the basic phone voice control i was wondering if i could try pull a bit of a fast one and tell the dealer it had full voice recognition and get them to install the full system, does anyone no if this is just a programme.

4 rear PDC seems to stay on all the time even before reaching anything, i have checked for dirt on the sensors but it is fine.

Hopefully they will sort all these over the 2 days.

Despite these few gripes it is the best car i have ever owned or driven and really do have a permagrin.

When i first started reading messages on this forum before i got my car i thought these guys are sad its just a car for godsake. How wrong was i, its a whole lot more.

GNINJA Laughing Laughing Laughing
 DISCO 3 SE TDV6 BUCKINGHAM BLUE SIDE STEPS,PRIV GLASS  
Post #5129930th Mar 2006 10:02 pm
croyde

Mine's 4000 miles young now and we love it apart from the Parking Brake fault light that comes on every journey.

About to go back to the Dealer for the 4th time now but have to wait as we always insist on a D3 replacement. That is the car that we bought after all.

They had it for a week last time. Changed the brake shoes and reset and upgraded the software but the light came back on within 10 miles of getting it back.

Joke was the replacement D3's warning light also came on whilst in our hands and I seem to remember that the test drive D3 also had the same problem although at the time the salesman did the look all surprised and claimed that he had never seen that before. Very Happy

Maybe we curse the cars!?

Post #5131330th Mar 2006 11:47 pm
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

The 'Park Brake' light fault is definately down to a CANbus error on the car's electrical network. I routinely see this on brand new cars and there is no known fix whatever LR dealers tell you!
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #5132431st Mar 2006 7:12 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
croyde

So should I not bother sending it back as it is becoming a pain and I can live with a yellow light, although one should'nt with an expensive car, I know.

Weird thing was that there was no problem for the first 2500 miles so why should this bus play up now.

Post #5147831st Mar 2006 9:09 pm
paul

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Our is 2 months old with a 1000 miles and we have had a couple of minor problems,

1) The key sticks in the ignition sometimes.

2) The heater does not blow hot air out of the face vents when set to hot. When set to cold it comes out like mad!

3) Plug the drivers seatbelt in and the red light and ding noise don't stop........Ever..
What a pain in the as*. iT'S DRIVING THE WIFE NUTS Laughing

4) Boot seems to need a real good slam to shut the top part which also drives the wife nuts.

Apart from that, all seems pretty good. Guess it's a trip to the dealer...
How can I fix the heater?

The Ludlow dealer is meant to be pretty good? Any advice...

Cheers Paul
 2006 TDV6 S Auto, Buckingham Blue, for the wife and kids.
2013 BMW 535d M sport touring. 

Post #5149331st Mar 2006 10:25 pm
SN

I have the same slightly annoying issue with the boot lid - and to be honest the percentage success rate in shutting the doors first time is nowhere near what I'm used to.
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #5149731st Mar 2006 10:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Paul, your heater needs the hevac update, its detailed on land rover gtr. Shukers (?) in Ludlow are supposed to be very good, and should know about this I am sure.

Post #515061st Apr 2006 1:20 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >