DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

FBH D4 remote control questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Vgeorgiev

Bulgaria 
FBH D4 remote control questions

Hello guys,

A few days ago the dealer here enable the Timed Climate Control menu on my D4. Now I would like to add the remote control. Normally I need 18D540 (received), 14A411 (wire from the received to the antena), 18D539 (remote key fob) and eventually 18B506 (kind of a valve). So, the questions:

(1) Do I need this valve, counting that the timed climate control works and probably it's already installed in the car? If not known - where in the car I should take a look to see if it's there or not? As it could not be seen around the FBH.
(2) As to the receiver - do I need some cables and/or connectors, since it comes without? Or the car is pre-wired for it. I pre-wired - how / where could be checked if the cables and/or connectors are there?

Actually, would be great if anybody do have experience with the remote on the D4 not factory installed. Due to know which parts exactly I should order.

Here is a picture:
Click image to enlarge

Post #86164421st Nov 2011 7:43 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Remove the panel in the boot ..in Uk its the drivers side

look for this bit of foam taped up below the bluetooth module

unwrap it and find this plug

this plugs into the reciever which fits here

parts i use are

LLR008656 Reciever
LLR008654 Antenna ( this just sticks were you want it to )
key fob

you dont need the Valve

You also need to switch the remote part on in the car ccf

instructions how to remove the rear panel here
http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...emoval.pdf
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #86166721st Nov 2011 8:36 pm
Vgeorgiev

Bulgaria 

Thanks a lot, Wiggs!

What do you mean by CCF in the last sentence of yours?

As to the valve - do you know the purpose of it? Do you think that's already installed in the car somewhere?

Thanks a lot once again, Wiggs.

Post #86172721st Nov 2011 9:44 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

CCF ... Car configuration file ( what tells the car what is installed )

Valve .. Can't make out from LR parts what it is .... I suspect either a fuel pump or water pump ... But I have fitted a few timed climates and never had to fit the valve
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #86175721st Nov 2011 10:23 pm
Vgeorgiev

Bulgaria 

Thanks again, Wiggs.

The fuel pump is in the fuel tank. The water pump is next to the FBH. There was such a valve comming with the Webasto kit I had long time ago on Disco2. With the timer on the D2 the FBH was able to make 18-20 deg C in the cabin for 30 min. running at outside temperature around -5 dec C. Here at -5 deg C outside the FBH on the D4 is able to reach not more than 10 deg C in the cabin for 30 min. The point is that probably this valve isolates the engine coolant after certain deg C heated and after that point the FBH is heating only the HVAC ring, allowing to heat up the cabin much faster.

One side question, since we have a Disco 3 at home as well. Du you have any experience with the VTU500010 kit on D3? Basically, it's a kit, a derivate of Webasto Telestart T90 but with the LR codes in the receiver specifically for the D3 HVAC. It contains again receiver, valve, key fob, etc. As the remote system of the D4 is the same as Webasto Telestart but T91 model. And again with the coded for the D4 HVAC in the receiver.

Generally Webasto Telestart systems could be used in D3 and D4 but to be able to run the cabin fans you should have the codes for the HVAC system due to be able to program them them in the receiver. Otherwise you will be able to run the FBH only.

Post #86184122nd Nov 2011 8:41 am
mse

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

sorry to hijack the thread a little, where is the option, i spent an our and couldnt see the function to enable on either of the systems...we wondered if they needed updating - but if you could guide me to where the enable function should live, next time i have the diagnostic kit plugged in i can try with hopefully more success

Post #87113415th Dec 2011 12:14 am
MrH

United Kingdom 

Unless you've bought it from new or had it activated by a third party the option isn't available. If you did buy it, then with the engine off, switch on the info systems and go to the home/settings page and on the bottom right is a button "climate timer" or something along those lines.

Post #87114715th Dec 2011 3:18 am
Vgeorgiev

Bulgaria 

MSE, just go to the nearest Land Rover dealer and they will activate the Timed Climate for you. Mine was not active in the beginning. As far as I know from the Land Rover dealer here the key point to change the software of the display.

Post #87116515th Dec 2011 8:10 am
mse

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Thanks - I could go to the dealer (i know its not on the cars system without it being enabled)...what im talking about is turning the option on for the car - but i would have to pay...i have access to the dealer level of equipment to do it, i just need to know where i have to look in the system to enable the option...just like i did for the trailer tow pack, but its not as clear/obvious

Post #87124815th Dec 2011 12:19 pm
Vgeorgiev

Bulgaria 

well, here the dealer took me 30 EUR to activate it. Not so much, counting that something could go wrong if doing by myself Wink

Post #87129115th Dec 2011 2:36 pm
chopdogs

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I'm amazed!

My dealer said that they could not do it - they said that it had to be enabled at the factory and was not a dealer "retrofit" option

Perhaps I'll ask another dealer......
 14 Disco 4 HSE  
Post #87141115th Dec 2011 7:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MrH

United Kingdom 

Or just contact one of the site sponsors (Independants) that offer the service, they can even fit the reciever etc for the remote and enable that. 10forCash activated mine for free when I had a service done at the same time Thumbs Up

Post #87141215th Dec 2011 7:38 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

As MrH said get one of the site sponsors to do it for you, doubt any LR dealership will do it for you. I bought the remote parts from TLO, TFC fitted them for £60 and then enabled them for free Thumbs Up

Post #87141515th Dec 2011 7:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Vgeorgiev

Bulgaria 

Well, the dealer here said initially as well that is not possible to activate the timed climate button in the system menu, but after I insist that this function is presented in the user's manual without any Pre-conditions - t hey made a snapshot of the modules and software versions in my car and sent it to Land Rover support center with the question how to activate this menu, because they have here a very Censored off customer. The replay from Land Rover was that they need to change the software of the display and as result - I do have now the timed climate button in the menu enabled.

Of course, the Pre-condition is to have an FBH installed in your car already from the factory Wink

Now waiting for the parts for the remote FBH operation and the dealer will fit them as well.

Post #87159616th Dec 2011 9:35 am
dirkgreet

Belgium 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

My dealer won't enable the timer for my webasto in my D4 2013 because the webasto (type thermo top vevo 5.0 Kw) is not strong enough!? For timing and remote there is a stonger webasto needed. Is this true, or just a lie to get more monney from me?
grts

Dirk (belgium)

Post #117591922nd Oct 2013 12:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >