Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Any feedback on Vredestein Winter4 Xtreme tyre for 18''?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
loumos

Greece 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Any feedback on Vredestein Winter4 Xtreme tyre for 18''?

Greetings to everyone from Athens, Greece!

I wonder if anybody has feedback from the Vredesteinn Winter4 Xtreme tyres. They make sizes for 18'' (i.e., 255/60 R18 112 H XL) and I believe they are a new(?) option amongst the limited solutions available for 18'' wheels.

I am looking forward to travel from Greece to Switzerland and France in Feb 07', catching some snow on the Alps for skiing.

What would anyone reccomend as the best tyre and wheel package in order to replace my original Pirelli Scorpions Zero? For example, if I consider getting an extra set of 19'' wheels in order to fit Goodyear MT/R's I am afraid that while doing all the mileage on the highways reaching the Alps I will destroy the tyre...Any ideas for highway mileage and performance on snow/muddy roads?

I appreciate anyone's feedback.

Regards!

Post #10345621st Nov 2006 9:32 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LHD

Switzerland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I put on some 265/60 R18 Yokohamas for this season - the next option was the Pirelli Scorpion M+S winter tyre.

The tyres last quite well; we've been running in 5-15 degrees and there is no degradation that I can see.
 Discovery 3 Manual as PDF | Blackvue 500 | BAS Remap | Mates did South America in a Landie

Post #10347721st Nov 2006 10:08 am
Nigel Tracey

Switzerland 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Going for Winter tyre fitting this Saturday, I've left it a bit late (LHD has already changed by the looks of things). I will let you know how I get on and anything they know about the VR's
 Mrs Jones ? We've come for your Liver  
Post #10370121st Nov 2006 10:19 pm
loumos

Greece 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Thank you everyone for your feedback.

The...good things is that we still have temperatures over 18-19 degrees and it is still quite shinny, so I have plenty of time until I need to fit new tyres...!

Post #10376422nd Nov 2006 8:46 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jacob

Greece 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3

loumos gd day

hv travel to austrian alps last year with my D3 with the normal pirelli scorpions on the 18'' rims, and also to varius snow situations around Hellas and can say tht D3 is very very capable and had no problem, feel tht to buy
winter tires only fr such trip will be waste of money(considering tht use yr D3
in athens which low temperatures are unlike. however i hv snow chains
fr ''just in case''

xaireto
iakovos

Post #10380922nd Nov 2006 1:07 pm
csory

Hungary 2006 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

LHD: Just to clarify... You mean the Pirelli Scorpion Zero M+S (NOT a winter tyre, but rather an all-terrain/all-weather, Pirelli website advices these are "summer" tyres) or the "Scorpion Zero Ice and Snow" which is a real winter tyre? I have the M+S version and found it very good on dry pavement, medium on wet / snow, and pretty bad/useless for offroading (almost zero traction on mud).

Post #10389622nd Nov 2006 5:01 pm
Nash

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hello

I have the original Scorpions 255/60/R18 and i would like to have another set of tyres to use in the same rims.

I would be interested to have some snow tyres for usin it only three months (skiing season). In the other hand i would like to have an all terrain tyre like the General Graber (waiting 2007).

What would you recommend in that situation... The GG..do they perform wellin snow or they a re a disaster.

Any interestig solution to have an All-Terrain-Snow set a part from my scorpions. I'm ot thinking in MTR'S...

Thanks
 Nacho

DISCOVERY3 TDV6 HSE Zambezzi 

Post #10409023rd Nov 2006 11:57 am
csory

Hungary 2006 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

IMHO you'd be best off with a set of good winter tyres (soft silica compound, see the aforementioned Scorpion Ice and Snow) and a set of "real off-road" for the rest of the year... Driving on snow/slush/ice is a completely different game, aggressive pattern will not give you grip...
 TDV6 HSE Java Black, auto, difflock, fridge, winter, 7-seater, PDC, privacy, AHL, sunroof - 3rd row fixed Smile   
Post #10411623rd Nov 2006 2:05 pm
LHD

Switzerland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

csory - maybe they were the ICE ones....I'd imagine so.
 Discovery 3 Manual as PDF | Blackvue 500 | BAS Remap | Mates did South America in a Landie

Post #10556529th Nov 2006 11:04 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >