DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Finally some muddy action with my D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
christophe

Luxembourg 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4
Finally some muddy action with my D3

Morning everybody,

Last august I participated to the so called Defenday in Belgium, an event normally reserved for defenders but where all landrovers were welcome. As far as I can I remember, I was the only one to dare to put some dirt on my D3. No other D3 around. I think most D3 users in the area use it only as a luxury car on the road only. Anyway, eventhough the pictures maybe don't show much, the track which we used through a military exercise site was quite impressive and very muddy after the 3 weeks of rain we had had before. At the first mud hole I even had a thought about quiting but when I saw that all the fully prepared defenders owners would be too happy to see my clean D3 quit or stay stuck in some mud hole, I thought I had to defend the D3 reputation ... and mine... I hadn't come so far to stay clean and an offroad virgin. So I engaged the 2nd low gear, went in and ... came out with no problem, eventhough the mud level in that hole was over the bonnet level, so above the side air intake. Ouf!!! What an adrenaline blast!
After that the defenders owners looked at the D3 with respect and did not contest its ability anymore. This first obstacle gave me a good idea of what this vehicule could do and I was cheered up for the rest of the track, which took 2 1/2 hours to complete. I even surprised myself by going through places where some defenders would get stuck. And all this with no preparation on the vehicule, just standart equipment with 19' rimes and Pirellis P-Zero on it. I am really afraid when thinking of what it could do with a good off-road tuning. By the end of the day I hadn't damaged the vehicule except for some small scratches on the rims, which anyway are always dirty so you don't see anything, and my trust in the D3 was at its top.
So, let's stop talking, I will now try to insert the few pictures in the gallery. There aren't much but I was to excited to think of taking pictures on this day. I enjoyed it a lot and for sure will try to do that again. One more point: my wife was on my side and my boy of 7 months in the back, and they both liked it to. My son even found it confortable enough to sleep for a while, so I gess I wasn't too bad a driver.

Nice day to everybody.

Christophe

Post #902502nd Oct 2006 6:53 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

WOW! Very Happy you really showed 'em there Thumbs Up and on standard tyres too 8)
Looks like a great day out!

Post #903262nd Oct 2006 10:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Great to see another D3 doing what its built to do Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #903292nd Oct 2006 10:57 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >