Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

First 7 days of Disco 4 - feedback
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
V8NOT

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Does anyone know whether the Keyless Go on the D4 HSE can be disengaged for those who prefer to be able to check the doors are locked?? Sad but as it's standard on the HSE and some people prefer to put the key in the slot etc perhaps this is something that can be done?
 V8NOT - because it's a diesel of course!  
Post #53245410th Oct 2009 6:05 pm
Gt.Mooglywoogly

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

The way to disengauge is to stand more than 1.5 mtrs away from the door sensors!

The answer is to grow longer arms so that you can hold the key away with an outstretched arm in the opposite direction whilst checking the door handle with the other Laughing

Alternatively, you could just press the lock button twice to activate super locking!!!

Post #53273611th Oct 2009 9:55 am
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

I was keyless go less this evening. Jumped in the car to come home from The Lakes with key in my pocket. Pressed the starter button and the ignition came on, but engine did not turn. Left it for a few seconds thinking maybe glow plugs or something. Still nothing. So press again. Pause - still nothing. Press again - pause - still nothing. Starting to think "Houston - we have a problem" and begin imagining calls to LRA. Eventually walked away from the car with key far enough to allow system to reset. Got back in and she worked first time.

Personally - I would rather have a good old fashioned key - at least you know where that is and how it works.

One other thing - this key is a heavy beast - feels almost twice the weight of the old one.

And have you tried pressing the warning triangle sign on the key yet ? I stupidly pressed that thinking it might turn on the hazards (and I hadn't RTFM). The loudest alarm then started blasting away and despite pressing every button (lock, unlock, warning triangle) on the fob it didn't stop. Had to jump in the car and start her up to turn that sound off. Very embarrassing as I was in a rather public place at the time.

Now have read the manual and it appears you need to hold the warning triangle button down for 3 seconds to turn off "the panic alarm". I was clearly too paniced by the noise it was making to have done anything other than short sharp stabs on the button.
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #53303411th Oct 2009 9:03 pm
dick dastardly

Switzerland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

boatienz wrote:
The way to disengauge is to stand more than 1.5 mtrs away from the door sensors!

The answer is to grow longer arms so that you can hold the key away with an outstretched arm in the opposite direction whilst checking the door handle with the other Laughing

Alternatively, you could just press the lock button twice to activate super locking!!!

How would you know that it was super locked Mr. Green

I think folks should carry a shepherds crook with them. Personally I prefer shepherds crookless entry. Sounds like the problem of how do you know that the fridge light has gone out when you close the fridge door ? A simple but effective way is to drill a hole in the fridge Whistle
 There's one wheel on my wagon, but i'm still rollin' along, it's the cherokee, they're after me, but I'm singing a happy song  
Post #53310311th Oct 2009 10:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >