Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

First experience of LR Customer Care
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
KentishMan

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3
First experience of LR Customer Care

I reported previously the fact that the radio and cd on my D3 have frozen, with just the display illuminated even when the ignition key is removed. As this is just an LCD I had no worries about battery drain. However, having not used the car for a couple of days I found last night that the battery was totally flat. I now know how to open the passenger door with the key, but having looked at the manual and learning that the battery must be recharged off the vehicle, I decided it was a job for LR Customer Care.

Being Good Friday evening and not planning to go out, I agreed that the engineer could call this morning. He duly arrived in a silver base D3 manual and after checking the vehicle he got it started using a battery pack. He stated that as the radio was not switching off it was telling the systems to remain live, hence the rapid drain on the battery. He did a thorough check of the battery and power supply and confirmed that it was now totally dead with the display no longer illuminated. It is already booked in for next Friday for a replacement.

Whilst chatting to him I mentioned the problem with the tail gate struts becoming loose. He said that he hadn’t been informed of the problem and suggested we check his D3 and guess what, it was loose. A surprised LR engineer. Shocked I told him about this web site and he said he would log on this evening. Having an LR engineer as a member should prove interesting.
 TDV6 Base 7 Seater Auto, Vienna Green  
Post #5352315th Apr 2006 12:13 pm
lawman

Two weeks ago I was in the process of moving house and had paid to keep 4 house widths of road clear for the removal lorry. Only problem was that my D3 was in the middle of the needed space and when I tried to move it 20 minutes before the lorry arrived, hey presto my first ever set of christmas tree lighting on the dash. It said absolutely everything was malfunctioning and the car wouldn't start. Not happy and was expecting a trailer job. I called LR assistance and to their credit they sent a very nice bloke (who will now be reading this site - he wasn't aware of the tailgate issue) within 30 minutes. He said it was simply a flat battery and he jump started it from a power pack.

I asked him why all the error lights had come on (and looked normally bright etc) and why no giveaway 'ticking' sound when the starter was trying to crank. He said it was just a feature of the car. Anyway, the short point is this. You may think as I did that your car is having a hissy electronic fit when the problem is just the battery. I was told that the battery would need to go to a dealer for a re-charge but I am not sure about that. I have a non-linear charger that can be used on batteries that are still connected. Small and brilliant piece of kit from Sweden that works on cars or bikes and can trickle charge or sort out a totally flat massive battery.

Post #5369417th Apr 2006 8:18 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >