Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

First family holiday in the Disco
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Peter s

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
First family holiday in the Disco

We have just had our first holiday in the Disco, camping in Swanage, fully loaded plus a small trailer and here is the run-down:-

Space
space for all the occupants is great, loads of room for everyone and no cramped legs/knee in the back whilst driving. I am not sure though if there was as much room in the boot as our previous Zafira, there did not seem to be but it could be my imagination? I would also say that as a result of the above (and the better ride) we did not suffer the usual aches and pains.
General
with the boot liner and robust build it ate the beach trips/sandy dingys etc etc

Consumption
Living in Derbyshire and with lots of short journeys are usual consumption is 20-22 so this would be a great test, we also never check the accuracy of the computer. We drove between 60 and 80 all the way with quite a few jams/queing towrds the end and on the way our average mpg was 31, I was impressed as we could have got better had we gone steadier. At the end of 9 days the av had dropped to 27.5 over the 345 miles done, I was amazed we had not refuelled!!. When we refuelled on the way back we had done 428 miloes with an av of 28.2 mpg andwith the 15.2 gallons put in this is about bang on (actually 28.15). When we got home the av had gone up to 29 over 591 miles, overall very impessive as be did not drive like nuns.

Summary
this is a brilliant family/holiday vehicle and I just love it. Only 10 days until the next holiday, with dogs this time, to Northumberland for lots of walking (and a few pubs!!).

The future....
the Mrs (whose car it is) wants to sell as she has changed jobs and does not need the security of getting to work in Winter which is why we changefrom the Zafira to this. She has a 5 minute walk to work. Upcoming expenses:-
soon will need discs and pads £300, front tyres ater next winter and as she is at 99700 miles who knows what. On the plus side if she sells she will have a freelander 2 but I am trying to talk her into a Disco 4, hmmm hard work that chat.
Next year I can have a brand new Disc 4 through work, GS £400/month, XS £500/month and HSE £600, all in (insurance, maint etc....but not fuel) so tht is a consideration.
Anyway I hope I can persadue her into keeping the car....its brilliant

ATB
Pete

p.s. yes I did get a drink in the Square and Copass at Langton MT for anyone who lives nearby Thumbs Up

Post #9638298th Aug 2012 7:01 pm
Fabio

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

It is a great vehicle.
We had a 110 and this will carry the same but with a lot more comfort.
Only problem is my kids prefer the look of the one ten...
good luck with it.

Fabio

Post #96501112th Aug 2012 4:47 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Confused Boot size

ZAFIRA ESTATE 1.8i Exclusiv 5dr 140 litres

ZAFIRA TOURER 2.0 CDTi [165] Elite 5dr [non Start/Stop] 710 litres

DISCOVERY 4 SW 3.0 SDV6 255 GS 5dr Auto 1,260 litres
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #96502712th Aug 2012 5:46 pm