Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My first fight against the eco nit wits
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

if we are so doing this so where the heck the biggest iceage 40 od years ago came from INDUSTY and CARS lol yeah right

Post #78444610th Apr 2011 5:47 pm
VanTheNewMan

United Kingdom 

True this planet is overpopulated, overpoluted and raped of it's resources. But energy doesn't disappear, it just changes form. Planet, climates go in cycles and scientific/historical evidence shows the climate goes through waves and surges in temperature and sea rises that never seem to correlate with human activity. One of he biggest global warms was apparently in medieval times. During periods of industrial revolution and post war production climates have plummetEd.

There's too much conspiracicy, people in departments raking billions from this new money maker they call 'green' and they are all frantically trying to save their jobs while the governments use the scare as a great means of taxing people more.

The original founder of green peace supports this theory, so too do many ex heads of global environment blah blah, one who said that melting of the ice caps is a natural process that occurs every year.

It's a fact that humans are not helping things but global warming is a natural process and while we can all make a token difference, we can do nothing to stop the planet from doing what it's going to do anyway.

Anyway. Just off down the road to bung another 130 quid in the tank ha ha!

Last edited by VanTheNewMan on 10th Apr 2011 5:53 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #78444710th Apr 2011 5:49 pm
Discoed

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

grzesiul wrote:
if we are so doing this so where the heck the biggest iceage 40 od years ago came from INDUSTY and CARS lol yeah right

Ignorance is bliss Thumbs Up

Post #78444910th Apr 2011 5:50 pm
bambi

England 

Not sure who warmed the planet last time but between, 110k to 18k yrs ago we had a glacial period, with most of the uk under 1km of ice, who melted that lot?

I have no problem with the theory of global warming but i like to see a good logical discussion, with valid proven facts. This i have not yet seen, yes we are warming but is it natural, as in the case above,

You cant put billions of idiots ( us ) on a small planet cut down trees, breed like rabbits, and not expect to have some consequences, but,

as i pointed out in my first question who the bloodyhell melted all the ice covering most of the northern hemisphere,

was it
A: ALL THE CARS ?

B: ALL THE HUMANS ( i think we discovered fire round about then)

C: ALIENS

D: NATURAL WARMING, COOLING CYCLES ( that have been taking place over the last 4.3 billion yrs)

Oh yeah one last thing like most species on this planet one day we ( the human race) will become extinct. probably at our own doing.

so try to keep your carbon footprint as small as you can, so you can drive what you like.

Post #78450210th Apr 2011 8:22 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

The planet is a self regulating biosphere. Nothing comes in and nothing goes out. We are just one species that has been here for not very long and will have to change and adapt to our environment as every other species does and has since the dawn of time.

If we don't evolve then we will become extinct. Simple.

I personally don't believe in man as a the main reason for global warming. I'm intelligent, well read and can make up my own view from a balanced argument. So far I'm not convinced, however, I do think we should be smarter how we use finite resources.

I drive a D3 because it is so many cars in one and I'm proud I do, even if it costs the earth to run! Very Happy Sad

Post #78457910th Apr 2011 10:28 pm
VanTheNewMan

United Kingdom 

I like that one!
Razz

Post #78458110th Apr 2011 10:34 pm
IKke

Netherlands 

TBH i don't think we should worry much about the earth heating up. We should worry about getting durable energy sources and apply them on a (very) large scale. Current fuel sources are going to run out no matter what.
 My mini defender (work in progress)  
Post #78458910th Apr 2011 10:43 pm
anglofrog

France 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 4

IKke wrote:
TBH i don't think we should worry much about the earth heating up. We should worry about getting durable energy sources and apply them on a (very) large scale. Current fuel sources are going to run out no matter what.

When can i get my warp drive car Bow down Bow down Bow down Rolling with laughter
 Doing my best on the red wine lake, as its good for the heart
my other 4+4 is a real tractor but not as much fun on road 

Post #78459310th Apr 2011 10:49 pm
Discoed

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Its true of course that the earth has heated and cooled repeatedly over millenia, CO2 has puthered from volcanoes and has accumulated in the atmosphere before but the issue is the speed that this is happening now. It has never happened this fast, there have of course been temperature blips (mini ice age etc.) but the overall trend since industrialisation is up and up fast. This gradual warming may have not been as much of a problem in the past, species could move to deal with temperature change, others had time to adapt. The combination of the speed of man made warming and the barriers that humans have created to animal movement all combine to magnify the effects of warming hence the unprecedented extinction rates . Of course humans will survive, the earth will adjust but we will loose so much in the process.

Anyway thats my take on it, as I say I will still run the D3 and still put the central heating on and watch the climate show. Thumbs Up

Post #78460010th Apr 2011 11:04 pm
nickmak

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Well at least you didn't turn up in a Hummer. Rolling with laughter
 Visit my car detailing blog at http://maksimumdetail.wordpress.com  
Post #78462911th Apr 2011 1:45 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >