Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

First Year of Ownership... Thoughts
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

There's special Pharmacy websites that deal with that kind of stuff...... or see Doc Diesel or Alex, they'll sort you out I'm sure..... Confused
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #15985221st May 2007 5:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
andym

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
solutions

After many problems and a campaign of e mails and calls to the dealer verging on harrassment I just part exed by 54 SE for a new SE Auto. My contribution was £7,000.

Mine was an ex demo in any event and needed 4 new tyres. It had only done 21,000 miles.

This was after many sleepless nights and in the end I missed a trick as the fault ( repeat suspension failure )could not be diagnosed and I believe the car should have been replaced free. It had cost Landrover 3.5 k in warranty work and had been off the road for about 6 weeks in total since I bought it.

In truth no dealer wants the publicity of being taken to the local county court for selling faulty goods.

The answer is everytime it goes wrong log it . Call Landrover customer relations and get the issue logged ( you can have acces to a copy of your vehicles filefor twenty quid) get the vehicle picked up by Landrover assist where ever you happen to be at Landrover expense. Get a hire car. Film it log it phone them up etc etc.
THREATEN LEGAL ACTION. WHICH ETC. Be prepared to go through with it.

When i had difficulty getting to speak to the dealer principle who was always busy I found that a change of name was remarkably effective.

In the end I took the cowards way out as I couldnt put up with the stress of County Court working at the same time and two kids and bought my way out. I do have a new car of course which has some refinements above my reg 54 experiment - which is what it felt like.

I also have minus 7k of course !!

Last edited by andym on 21st May 2007 7:27 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #15989921st May 2007 6:55 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

well, glad you got it sorted Andy, never nice when it get's that bad.

Hopefully you'llbe able to report on the differences/improvements over your previous 'experiment' Very Happy
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #15990021st May 2007 6:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Fozzy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Andy...

How old was your disco when you got a replacement?.

I can confirm that Andy's advice is good - any problems - report it. When I got my case history (Cost me £10) there was a lot on it, but all the visits & problems I'd had with dealers were not - if you have everything in one place it is much easier.

I've tried the legal route, by my solicitor advised the offer of a replacement which would cost me £12.5K was a reasonable one and they wouldn't persue this as far as the county court even though I wanted to.

I'll keep you updated!

Oh, the drivers door does open now - but I can't lock the car without setting the alarm off - Still, its an improvement I suppose!
 05 HSE Bonatti Grey Auto TDV6  
Post #16030022nd May 2007 2:37 pm
andym

Hi Fozzy

Mine was Nov 2004. Had only done 21k. I lost a lot of spec including xenons, and rear diff, phone unit etc as my original car was an ex demo. In reality in dealer speak it was a second hand motor when I got it.

My dealer started at 9k and I beat him down. There was probably mileage to go further as there was a point when after it had been in for the last 3 warranty visits and still they couldnt diagnose the fault that I feel I could have rejected it as unrepairable. But there was a risk that I would lose the moment.

I also got side step swapped over.

The dealer in the end treated me as a new car buyer and there was no second hand service.

Post #16030822nd May 2007 2:51 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Fozzy... which dealer are you using ?

There may well be people here that have experience with them that can help or offer a better alternative.

Post #16031022nd May 2007 2:59 pm
Fozzy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

It is Stratstone Heathrow (formerly Heathwood Land Rover)
 05 HSE Bonatti Grey Auto TDV6  
Post #16067023rd May 2007 9:44 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

There's your problem them! Take your D3 to a decent dealer rather than those lying b Censored ds
 The End  
Post #16068023rd May 2007 10:08 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Yes.. they are pretty poor IMO Twisted Evil
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #16068723rd May 2007 10:19 am
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Sounds to me like the incompetent 'lying b**tards' that were there until recently, have all been replaced by more of the same ilk. Why can't LR do everyone a favour and shut these cowboys down? Twisted Evil

Post #16069123rd May 2007 10:30 am
andym

Other thoughts.

If you have rejected the car and you sell it privately the new buyer will be coming for you when he realises there is a problem.This will definitely not be Landrovers problem then. If I can have access to LR customer relations info on my car can anyone else who buys it in warranty have the same. I subsequently after I bought it became aware there had been a warranty issue with the car (which was a demo) which had occurred before I bought it.

I did at one point consider doing a hit job on my dealer. I have seen this done before to good effect. The car i saw was adorned with copies of the letters of protest to the dealer (on the inside of the windows) and their responses. Some nice balloons and a sign saying 'why buy from the forecourt when you can have this one for half price'and park it outside your offending dealership or better still another branch of the same company for maximum effect. Park in a public place where it cannot be towed away or cause an obstruction. Leave it for a day or two and see the response. This appears in my mind to be a legitimate protest and a warning to other potential customers of the same dealership.

Post #16071023rd May 2007 11:14 am
wag the dog

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I,m a bit late for this thread as usual but I have discovered in 14 months of landrover ownership that :

1/ LR build quality is unreliable at best- easily sh**e
2/ LR service engineers dont usually fix stuff untill asked a few times -and then dont fix it properly
3/ when a LR dealer fixes something -he usually breaks something else.
4 LR sales/support are sometimes pleasant and good but usually disinterested and sometimes down right rude
5/the car is really great when it works -and huge fun off road- but it is sadly unreliable and my dealership stinks

LR owners must be in some sort of denial because we want the car to be so much better-as someone else said.

LR MUST be sold - to an owner that gives a sh*t

DON'T BUY ONE UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO PUT UP WITH CRAP /BE INCONVENIENCED/BE EMBARRESSED AND LOSE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE ARGUING WITH/VISITING YOUR DEALERSHIP. f*****G NIGHTMARE! SOLICITORS INSTRUCTED.

Post #1731062nd Jul 2007 3:37 pm
Duncster

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Fozzy,
Do you live in Wales now - if so JV Likes on the Welsh Border has an excelent reputation and I use Ludlow which is also very good.

Could you not get them to buy back the car at a resonable rate then buy a car of your choice, rather than PX for a new one.

I experienced a lot of No Fault Found - Have you been off roading etc etc from 2 dealers in the Midlands - They had my Defender for 5 weeks and it was only when I insisted on looking at the car that I found out they hadn't touched the car in the first 3 weeks. Another one charged me for Waranty work.

I have now found a honest reputable dealer that is keen to fix the problems and you are right about customer service and LR customer services if I was buying a car because of the attention to the owner I would buy a BMW.

However once you have been properly off road in a D3 you wouldn't buy anything else.

Keep us posted
 15 3.0 RRS HSE - Silver
05 2.7TDV6 S AUTO Silver - Retro-fitted Leather. 

Post #1731452nd Jul 2007 4:49 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Fozzy, MJ Fews in Charfield,North Bristol/Gloucs are good
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #1731962nd Jul 2007 5:58 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

wag the dog wrote:
DON'T BUY ONE UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO PUT UP WITH CRAP /BE INCONVENIENCED/BE EMBARRESSED AND LOSE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE ARGUING WITH/VISITING YOUR DEALERSHIP. f*****G NIGHTMARE! SOLICITORS INSTRUCTED.

I have to disagree there.

Sorry to hear of your problems but the D3 is a very reliable vehicle and in the right dealers hands, fixable.

Post #1731982nd Jul 2007 6:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >