Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

fitting certain kit components
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mbc

fitting certain kit components

All -

About to get a 2006 HSE, Tonga Green / Aplaca. I'm also getting certain LR kit components at delivery. Some I imagine will be easier than others to fit, so I will have dealer do it.

1 - driving lamps (dealer)
2 - running boards (dealer)
3 - roof bars
4 - ladder

re: 3 and 4, i assume very easy to fit. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Post #4854919th Mar 2006 5:00 pm
grommet

United States 

Yes, 3 and 4 are fairly easy... but 4 will require drilling. Visit http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com and you can see the install instructions.

Post #4855019th Mar 2006 5:04 pm
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

If you mean side steps they are also easy to fit, have a search through the threads there are plenty of posts re fitting them. If the dealer is going to charge a lot for fitting them (as they do this side of the pond) fit them yourself.
The dealers don't make any better job of it than you could, in fact I have just found they they have not fitted 1 piece quite right when they swapped them from my old car to the new! I fitted them myself fine originally, took about 1.5 hours altogether just on my drive.

Hope you enjoy your new car Laughing
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #4855319th Mar 2006 5:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

The drilling for the ladder is very minimal, basically just opening up two holes that are already there by a couple of mm

Post #4858519th Mar 2006 7:12 pm
nessie

Belgium 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Slimer wrote:
The drilling for the ladder is very minimal, basically just opening up two holes that are already there by a couple of mm

feel like an idiot (perhaps I am Twisted Evil ).
d/l the instructions whilst waiting for the ladder to arrive, just ordered, so that should be somewhere in the middle of next week ..
now, being sick at home, what else has a man to do ..
tried to remove the inner part of the rear door, as shown in figure one, guess what. I just can't manage it. Or I'm too afraid to break something, or am I missing something? There was only one screw that could be removed. I'm soo blind, or stupid, or .. ?
anybody a helpful answer ? tia
cheers

Post #4986924th Mar 2006 2:23 pm
nwoods

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol Base 5 Seat Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

I hope you are not still home sick, but I fitted a ladder yesterday on my car and it was pretty easy, took about 2 hours going very slowly and practicing every step twice.

Steps on rear panel removal:
- remove weather stripping, gently pull by pinching the rubber at each fastening point.
- unscrew the screw in the door handle niche
- pull up the rubber stop on the latch hook, and pop off the plastic trim around it. The rubber doesn't come off, so wiggle the trim around it.
- start on the lower side (non licsense plate side) of the inner panel. Pull hard at the joint between the bottom panel and the verticle plastic trim.
- after it pops off, continue pulling firmly perpandicular to the glass all along the panel.

The liscense plate bracket is very easy. There are 4 (5?) screws underneath, then there are three nuts on the inside of the door. Before removing the nuts, disconnect the harness.

It's kinda fun once you start. It's certainly nothing I've had any expereicne doing before this.

nessie wrote:
Slimer wrote:

feel like an idiot (perhaps I am Twisted Evil ).
d/l the instructions whilst waiting for the ladder to arrive, just ordered, so that should be somewhere in the middle of next week ..
now, being sick at home, what else has a man to do ..
tried to remove the inner part of the rear door, as shown in figure one, guess what. I just can't manage it. Or I'm too afraid to break something, or am I missing something? There was only one screw that could be removed. I'm soo blind, or stupid, or .. ?
anybody a helpful answer ? tia
cheers

Post #6015925th May 2006 2:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >