Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Fitting Smartnav
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Fitting Smartnav

As I have a Smartnav unit sitting in a box in my shed, I was wondering if anyone here has fitted Smartnav in their D3. If so, where have you mounted the touch-screen, ariel, button etc.
Smartnav is by far the best system I've used (uk only) & I miss it.

Post #992266th Nov 2006 5:18 pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I'm just about to fit SmartNav into mine too within the next week or so. I would also be interested to hear from anyone who has the SmartNav touchscreen in their D3 to see where they have mounted it.
I was intending to fit the touch screen to a Brodit centre console mount. I've put both mounts in mine. The one on the left is for the SmartNav screen. However, the screen would be protruding too much into the passenger space.

I'm a TrafficMaster dealer. I don't normally fit them myself as they can be a real pain, so I use the nationwide fitters. This is normally Global AutoTech on 0870 1690077 and they charge £100+VAT. Maybe you might want to use them LT. If you're going to fit it yourself, then I can email you over the installation sheet which details the install for a D3 and shows were the items should be fitted.
 Matt  
Post #998878th Nov 2006 4:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lakeland Land Rover

United Kingdom 

i had smart nav in the wifes 407 sw

the touch screen bracket sat nicely in the join of the drivers air vent and dash top by the a pillar
looks like it would also go there in a D3
 Lakeland Land Rover
The Garage,
Torver,
Coniston,
Cumbria,
LA21 8BJ
Tel: 015394 41888 

Post #998958th Nov 2006 4:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I've finished my SmartNav install. The screen fits fine on the Brodit mount.

Rather than using the TrafficMaster recommendations, I fitted the button in the driver's footwell as it was much easier and leaving a hole here after removal will be no problem. As the button isn't really used much when you have a touch screen, it's no problem having it fitted here. It's still easily accessible while driving.

I've also fitted the speaker at the bottom of the drivers seat. I've used a smaller speaker from a car kit, as I didn't have the mounting bracket for the SmartNav speaker. Either way, mounting it here works well, as it is close to the driver.
 Matt  
Post #10241016th Nov 2006 10:29 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Thanks for the pics. Matt. Must be nice to have Smartnav back again. The only sat.nav. to have for business use, imo.

Post #10262217th Nov 2006 3:48 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >