Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Fogging headlights.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
D'arkuk

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Fogging headlights.

I’ve just phoned the Stealers that I use to check on the next service for the Freelander, after I got that sorted I mentioned that (I had spotted this on the Peaks day out on Sunday) my headlights on the D3 had started fogging again, the young lady put me on hold and 30 seconds later came back and said “Landrover won’t replace them but you can buy some new ones if you like”. I asked to talk to someone and was told Sue would phone me back tomorrow as she was not in, so I asked who had given her the info and was told the assistant service manager Neil. I asked to speak to him and was told he was overloaded and would call me back.
Now at the time I purchased the D3, I reported the headlights fogging almost immediately and was told to send in pic’s which I did and was then told that they have to try gel packs first, before they can be replaced. I accepted this, under the proviso that if they did not work I would get them replaced. The car is now 6 months old.
Any comments or ideas?
 Brute force and ignorance, the D3 does the rest.  
Post #17679011th Jul 2007 2:38 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

When new, mine were fogging - they were changed under warranty. Do a quick search I'm sure there were a few with the same problem. May even have been a TSB defining action based on the degree of "fogging".
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #17679411th Jul 2007 2:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic8099.ht...ndensation

Saved yer a search Thumbs Up
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #17679511th Jul 2007 2:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
D'arkuk

Thanks guy's Thumbs Up
Post #17680411th Jul 2007 2:59 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

The silica gel pack does work. I had some put in my lamps, and it never happened again. Maybe your gel packs need replacing?

Post #17681911th Jul 2007 3:42 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

dealer replaced one on delivery other not so bad.
I switched the lights on and openened the back,let it dry and put the cover back on when still hot, no problems with either since. Very Happy
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #17684711th Jul 2007 4:19 pm
D'arkuk

Gareth wrote:
The silica gel pack does work. I had some put in my lamps, and it never happened again. Maybe your gel packs need replacing?

I’ve got to admit that’s what I thought the stealer was going to suggest, and was ready to ask weather they should need it after 6 months? I wasn’t quite ready for “Landrover won’t replace (meaning the headlights not the gel packs) them, but you can buy some new ones” that just got my back up, why should I buy some new headlights for a 7 month old D3 with 5.6 K on the clock?
Some people love the stealers I use, however I’ve found them to be very hit and miss and can honestly say that at times I’ve received better customer services after buying a wok.
Post #17685311th Jul 2007 4:32 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I mentioned this fogging to dealers when I first had mine, but it did clear after a few weeks.(They must store them before build, in the dampest place on earth). I haven't noticed it since,(a year or so later). I don't think I'd be too happy either if it was still evident, although it didn't seem to affect the part that the beam penetrates, just the blank bits at the bottom on mine. Rolling Eyes

Post #17686211th Jul 2007 4:43 pm
SN

D'arkuk wrote:
Some people love the stealers I use, however I’ve found them to be very hit and miss and can honestly say that at times I’ve received better customer services after buying a wok.
GSS? Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #17686411th Jul 2007 4:44 pm
DiscoDad

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

D'arkuk, Where do you buy your woks from? I have had terrible after-sales service from 'Woks-are-us' Laughing
 Back in the game!  
Post #17686911th Jul 2007 4:49 pm
D'arkuk

SN, yes. Wink

DD, McWok's Thumbs Up

I should know by now never to call the Stealers after along hard day dealing with mentally backsided (you’ve got to love customers) jelly heads; I’m going home to kick the dog and eat some M&M’s now.
Post #17687911th Jul 2007 5:06 pm
SN

and little D'arkuk will probably finish the evening with a bout of projectile vomiting Thumbs Up
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #17688211th Jul 2007 5:11 pm
D'arkuk

Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up
Post #17688511th Jul 2007 5:18 pm
Ian62

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Had the same problem with mine in the first couple of weeks, told the stealers that I wasn't happy, they asked me to come down and show them the fogging. They took one look and said they would get replacements Very Happy . Two days later I went away on a trip and left the car in a heated garage, came back two days later and the fogging was gone. It's never come back and we are now 6 months down the road. Mr. Green . Must admit I was so what from Censored off at LR when I saw it for the first time, did'nt expect to pay so much for a new car and see fogging in the headlights.
 Stadt Panzer Power  
Post #18035321st Jul 2007 5:58 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >