Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Formerly a discussion about suspension firmness
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
dylansdad

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

unfortunately I am serious and I wish I wasnt DG. basically Im someone who has tried to be reasonable with the dealer from day 1, however I have learnt the hard way that being 'nice' gets you nowhere. I openly admit i have been too soft with the dealer and have trusted them to keep their word. however legally i have done the right thing... and that is now in my favour.

Trading standards are taking up my case now. LR are 'dissapointed with the dealer ' (their words) ... however my resolution rests with the dealer and if necessary courts, not LR. at the end of the day LR cannot make the dealer do anything. they have had the chance to rectify the faults... have failed and now I want the vehicle replaced with one that does not suffer these issues.

as for yarwell..... simon your continual mocking etc. has me considering seriously not bothering. my intention was to come and learn a bit about offroading and have a nice days fun. Not to spend it confronted by those who just like to question and cross examine everything i say - intent on disecting my every comment, make accusations that Im 'making it up' and who dont even have the possibility of experiencing some of the issues Im having as their D3s dont have a lot of the stuff thats playing up. For an online 'community' there are some who like a bit of banter etc. which is fine, but then there is un-necessary personal comments...that I will not accept and would rather not bother with the course and forget signing on again than take crap such as you have posted.

I have also been advised NOT to pursue alternative dealers / routes to get the issues resolved as this will confuse the issue legally wrt the fact that the dealer is responsible for the product its performance, resolving the issues and rejecting/replacing the vehicle.

as for videos.... I will have to mess about and see if/how I could get them online... although to be honest its going to be low on my list of priorities as right now I have a 3 year month by month P&L forecast to do before I goto sleep. Rolling Eyes
 2004 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi Silver  
Post #8731122nd Sep 2006 12:17 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

DD... not mocking. Just as DG has said. We are happy to offer help and suggestions in order to expedite your problem.

If you do turn up at Yarwell... and you will enjoy it if you do so don't drop out, we will be very interested to understand the issues and see if we can help.

If as you say your dealer is unable to fix buzzing speakers after 20 months then they sound like they need some help.

And what "un-necessary personal comments" ?

-s

Post #8735122nd Sep 2006 9:26 am
dylansdad

Simon,

try looking back through your posts. acusations and jumping on comments and bringing up the issues Ive had as if Im going on about them when in fact I was merely pointing out the reason I had not talked tot he dealer about the same observation (firm suspension). Mocking....accsusing me of looking for non existent issues.... patronising... appologising to origional poster about me and making comments, when it was you who jumped on my back and tried to rake up old ground.

I really cant be arsed.

AS for help with the issues like i said its past resolving them now. the dealer is going to be pursued to replace the vehicle as they are incapable of oven stopping the speakers hum let alone the other so called intermittent issues they claim dont exist yet I have on video....cruise control failed yet again today Rolling Eyes . Ive had nearly 2 years of people going to 'look at it' and 'fix' the issues. yet they never do. Im certainly not of the mind or would want anyone other than the dealer at fault to attempt any repairs on the vehicle - that way there can be no doubt as to where liability lies.

In short...and to repeat myself for the last time.... if I turn up it will be for a fun day learning to drive the D3 not to dredge up all the issues and problems and spend the hours it would take discussing.

Get off my back and put the knives away whenever I post.... my D3 is a knacker..accept that is a fact.... it is being rejected....its not the first one to be, and doesnt mean they all are bad (and I dont ever say that they are)!
Post #8745922nd Sep 2006 3:30 pm
Pelyma

England 

Calm down chaps! It would be well worth going on the training session you will learn a huge amount about your car and how it works. I think you have just joined at an unfortunate time when there are so many trolls about slagging the car off. Those of us that have been around a while, such as Simon, know that not all cars have been perfect. However those that have had issues have rejected the car by now, or by far the majority cured the issues; so you are quite a rare beast to still be having problems.

Most problems do seem to relate back to poor understanding of the car by the dealer, which in turn is probably lack of training from LR and to a lesser extent design issues - such as the compressor.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #8746822nd Sep 2006 4:43 pm
simon

Whatever

Post #8747822nd Sep 2006 5:48 pm
fakesnake

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

If anyone could possibly entertain the thought that a D3 has firm suspension, then they ain't been in my cobra when its wound up for a trackday Exclamation

Just had the D3 VEP & ride is now just great & all issues sorted -hurrah for Sturgess Leicester
 Richard  
Post #8747922nd Sep 2006 5:58 pm
simon

Ride is far better with less wallow and scuttle.

Practically whips round corners now and cruises the straights with sublime poise... well mine does.

Can't possibly talk for all D3 and LR3's of course.

Post #8748122nd Sep 2006 6:11 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

dylansdad wrote:
my D3 is a knacker..accept that is a fact....

Dad of Dylan,

PM me your vehicle VIN. There may be some additional information that would be handy if you are pursuing a rejection.

Post #8748422nd Sep 2006 6:31 pm
Discos_FTW

I'm no legal eagle, but i'd be amazed if LR or the dealer will replace your 2004 vehicle with a new one??

You may get a swap for an equivalently aged example, but courts will never force the dealer or LR to supply a new replacement.

It was fit for sale as you've down how many thousand miles? I'd be amazed mate...

It does sound as though the car is becoming an issue, and you're looking for every niggle you can with which to increase your disdain for it.

Also, intermittent faults are the hardest for any dealer to solve. I'd suspect they're not denying its existence, more cant get it to do it for them, hence have no way of troubleshooting.

Post #8885527th Sep 2006 10:52 am
dylansdad

no, unfortunately the dealer has reproduced a number of the faults and has repeatedly failed to fix them. Those they haven't I have some of them on video. Surely you are not saying that I should accept there is nothing wrong just because they cant make it happen every time?.... and in this situation how long would be a 'reasonable' amount of attempts to resolve issues before I should take the next step? I would suggest this is one of the reasons I have been so patient up to now.

Rolling Eyes I have no disdain for my vehicle. This is demonstrated by fact I have persevered trying to get the issues fixed for so long. I love the D3 indeed if people ask me should they consider one (which happens a lot) I'm honest about the problems Ive had but always say it appears newer ones are more reliable and i recommend they buy one new or less than 6 months old.

As for what the dealer is saying... if you had heard some of the comments I have you would not be suspecting anything. As for troubleshooting... its exactly your attitude that is often used as an excuse for not even trying to fix things sometimes. AS someone who is very experienced at troubleshooting I know that if you cant reproduce a fault you have to communicate and discuss in detail with the owner, try to go through the possibilities and eliminate possibilities through changing components etc.etc.....its easy to say 'I cant make it happen so I cant do anything' ... however its exactly such an attitude that makes things go on and on and has lead to such a long list of issues.

looking for faults? sorry, but this is just not the case. I do above average mileage in mine, which means I spend a lot of time in it and use the premium nav etc probably more than in comparison to many people. I usually drive without radio... sometimes talksport but otherwise in silence. Often without the A/c on too. I like to drive in silence. Overall I'm sure this means I am more likely to experience and hear problems earlier than many, however I certainly do not look for issues. Indeed the only times I have recorded whats going wrong is when I have been forced to write to the dealer.... If I was trying to find problems I would have been far more thorough in documenting everything etc..

You state courts will never force LR or dealer to replace. I truly hope it will not come to this, however if it does I am happy with proper legal advice I have been given, and based on the details of my specific situation I know were I stand. Fit for sale is irrelevant in that its a matter of the product being faulty...you don't find this out until its in use.... repairs have been attempted repeatedly, given intermittent nature of faults I have given 'reasonable' time to repair (as I have to), and now I am forced to use consumer law to protect me, as it was designed to do. My use of the vehicle is a standard dealership claim, however the reality is the dealer tries to repair, I use the vehicle in good faith, find its faulty, the dealer tries to repair..again I use it in good faith and so on.

I love my D3 and LR but I want to be able to rely on it to work as it should. I dont want all this hassle and I certainly have better things to do with my time.
Post #8889227th Sep 2006 1:36 pm
Pelyma

England 

I thnk you will find that they will make a mileage charge, thinking back to BN when he rejected his it was someting like 30 or 40 p per mile. Generally in these circumstances, the car is never actually rejected but a favourable trade in is agreed.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #8890627th Sep 2006 2:02 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Pelyma wrote:
I thnk you will find that they will make a mileage charge, thinking back to BN when he rejected his it was someting like 30 or 40 p per mile. Generally in these circumstances, the car is never actually rejected but a favourable trade in is agreed.

Brian's mileage was very low, too.

Post #8892027th Sep 2006 3:06 pm
catweasel

tell you what DD, go to another dealer ( as recommended on this site) as the warranty is with LR and the dealer has to fill out a warranty claim, so where you bought it is irrelevant. screw the dealer as you have no loyalty to him and two years Shocked come on man see the light and go to someone who knows what they're doing. as for the issues with misrepresentation ( or whatever) this involves your supplying dealer not LR so stop stuffing around and do the legal biz with them. for gods sake get this thing fixed and be proactive and stop hiding behind excuses. if your not prepared to take advice and get some one else to look at it then you have no right to go on about it.

Post #8892327th Sep 2006 3:10 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Victor Meldrew 's mileage was very high, so much in fact that it had caused a good few software glitches and lockups Shocked finally, the wheels fell off completely

Now if you mean his Disco3's mileage.... Wink

Post #8892427th Sep 2006 3:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dylansdad

catweasel wrote:
tell you what DD, go to another dealer ( as recommended on this site) as the warranty is with LR and the dealer has to fill out a warranty claim, so where you bought it is irrelevant. screw the dealer as you have no loyalty to him and two years Shocked come on man see the light and go to someone who knows what they're doing. as for the issues with misrepresentation ( or whatever) this involves your supplying dealer not LR so stop stuffing around and do the legal biz with them. for gods sake get this thing fixed and be proactive and stop hiding behind excuses. if your not prepared to take advice and get some one else to look at it then you have no right to go on about it.

ffs cat Im not going on about it..Im replying to somoene elses comments.... I am 'doing' something about it.... I cant at this exact point take it to another dealer I have to pursue this dealer to resolve the situation..and yes legals are involved.

AS for taking advice I have been ... offline.
Post #8892727th Sep 2006 3:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >