Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Front & Back Air Valve Blocks - Are they different ???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
brainbyte

Romania 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 3
Front & Back Air Valve Blocks - Are they different ???

Greetings everyone,

As the title of this topic implies, I would like to know if the front and back air valve blocks on my Discovery 3, are identical or not. At a visual inspection, they look identical. But searching for a front air valve block replacement on the Internet recently, I found out that the OEM manufacturer codes are slightly different.
Also, just for confirmation, there is one air valve block for the front suspensions, and one air valve block for the back suspensions. Is this correct ??? Thank you very much for any information anyone could provide in this case.

Cheers,

Sorin

Post #194933330th May 2018 10:40 pm
G_Cam

Scotland 2013 Discovery 3 3.0 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 3

Yes they are different.

They are not interchangeable due to the way the pipework is routed/connects to them.

There is one for the Back - same side as the compressor - accessible with rear wheel removed (with stubby spanners)
One for the Front. diagonally opposite the rear valve block. Mounted at the front cross member. Remove the arch liner to
and a central one beside the compressor - easily accessible
 1 TR6 Rusting away quietly
1 FARR UTV SOLD
1 International Harvester SOLD
7 x D3 all SOLD
2 x D4 both SOLD
1 x Mrs D4 'Panther' SOLD
1 x Outlander van SOLD
1 continual stream of car parts and me living in the garage... 

Post #194933630th May 2018 10:48 pm
brainbyte

Romania 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 3

Thank you very much for the reply. Fortunately, I was able to replace the old HITACHI compressor with a new AMK recently, and now, all my problems are gone. No more errors on the dash board, and no more problems "apparently" caused by the air valve blocks. When I first bought the DISCO, it kept on lowering the front left corner, each and every morning. I initially thought that I had a leak in the air spring, but after I cleaned the front air valve block, no more leaks whatsoever.

A few advises that I can give, after I troubleshooted and learned so much about the air spring system, when you start getting the yellow error code on the dashboard ...

1. Change the compressor with a new AMK one, as the old HITACHI might have reached EOL
2. Check / clean / restore the front and back air valve blocks (if you find any of the corners lowered), before thinking of replacing any of the air springs. They might be still good.
3. And of course, don`t forget about the relay, as the new compressor needs a new one.

Maybe there are more causes for air system errors, and more advises to give. But at least, the ones above helped me resolve my problems.

Post #19504923rd Jun 2018 8:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >