Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Front Parking sensors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
xyplex

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Front Parking sensors

I test drove a Disco 4 over the weekend, I had a question in regards to the front parking sensors. I noticed that when I parking on my drive way I noticed that front parking did not come on warning me that I was extremely close to the fence and when I drove up to my Mercedes which was parked in front the front parking sensors on the Disco 4 did not come on. I noticed that when I place the car in reverse then to drive selector the front sensors came on.

I told the Landrover dealer and he says that the front sensors are slow to come on on the Disco 4 and Freelander.

Is this true what the dealer is saying or was he fobbing me off as he wasn't really bothered?

Post #105349211th Feb 2013 8:06 pm
petersw

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

mine only comes on if I select reverse then it switches off when i go above about 20mph, or I have to manually turn it on.

Post #105358511th Feb 2013 10:01 pm
KenR

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

In reverse both front and rear sensors are activated and continue to be so until you exceed 10mph. If you have not reversed, the front sensors need to activated manually via the button on the centre dash

Post #105360811th Feb 2013 10:24 pm
CUCO

Spain 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

This behaviour is normal. Only auto on if reverse selected, to park for example. If you want the sensors auto on when driving and then you approach a wall at a parking bay or your front car parked, think that you then will see them beeping too in heavy traffic and/or at every red stop, because they cant discern the situation between moving and parking.

For me that is ok. When i need them, i push the button as they go to off mode when little speed is exceeded

Post #105361811th Feb 2013 10:37 pm
knutdrab

Norway 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 3

Anyone who knows if it's possible to enable the "old" function like it was in the D3 with automatic parking sensors? When you are used to the automatic function you probably need a bump or two before you do learn to push the button while parking the cars front close to something.
It would be much appreciated if someone could tell me if they have seen something like that could be done with a faultmate or similar.
Thank you.

Post #105399212th Feb 2013 6:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >