Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Furious! Bloody Furious!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

And the award for Angriest Post Of 2018's goes to....................... Rolling Eyes

Mods, close the annual competition, this won't be beaten and it's only day 4 of 365. Whistle
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Last edited by Narpy on 4th Jan 2018 6:29 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #18973884th Jan 2018 3:55 pm
Allan_T

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Unfortunately fitting customer supplied parts can lead to this type of situation Wink
 GAP IID Pro Multi Vehicle Defender L316 2007-2015 - Discovery 3 - Discovery 4 - Discovery Sport L550 - Freelander 2 - Range Rover Evoque L538 - Range Rover L322 - Range Rover L405 - Range Rover Sport L320 - Range Rover Sport L494
Electrical Fault Diagnostics

Post #18973894th Jan 2018 3:56 pm
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

When I order anything from AF or anywhere else I always quote the VIN or reg number of the vehicle the parts are for, puts the ball in their court should anything go wrong Thumbs Up
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #18973904th Jan 2018 3:59 pm
NJSS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

I concur Steve & his crew at AF have always provided me with a first class service, and excellent advice. I have never had a problem with them - ever. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I too always quote the VIN number of the vehicle when ordering parts.

NJSS
 Am I Gammon or Woke ? - I neither know nor care.

2016 Discovery 4 Landmark
2011 Mercedes Benz SL350 (R230)
1973 MG B GT V8 - 3.9L John Eales engine, 5 speed R380 gearbox, since 1975.
1959 MGA roadster - 1.9L Peter Burgess Engine - 5 speed gearbox
Past LRs - Multiple FFRs, Discos & a Series I - some petrol, some diesel,
none Electric or H2 fuel cell - yet.
There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don’t. 

Post #18974044th Jan 2018 4:30 pm
ebygum32

2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: Furious! Bloody Furious!

“No, it bloody well is not okay. My Indy squeezed me in to do this job as he knows that I am a disabled Veteran assessed with 100% disability so my Disco is literally my lifeline as I have a need to get to hospital without delay in certain medical circumstances. The only vehicle I trust in all conditions is my Discovery. “

Right from one ex vet to another calm the fxxk down and stop gobbin off. Your argument lacks plausibility due to the quote above, if you need to get to hospital without delay you call an AMBULANCE because as you are saying it is life threatening and that’s what we are there for, does your insurance know you drive your disco with your life threatening problem or do you get someone else to drive it for you, do you or the other person claim traffic exemptions whilst getting you to hospital without delay.

I have no allegence to Advanced Factors as I shop around for parts and if they are what I want and at the right price I will buy it not I will go somewhere else but to slag them off like that when in your own words they have offered you an apology and refund what more do you want it’s a mistake these things happen end of deal with it also why play the ex vet card.
 Goodyear Duratracs
Pirelli ATR gone
GG AT Gone
RLD Spare wheel protector
Leeds - London weekly return
Club ctek mxs10
Yorkshire 4x4 Response 

Post #18974054th Jan 2018 4:30 pm
nigel207

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

I can’t remember whether I’ve ever ordered anything from AF, so cannot comment upon how good or otherwise they are. But, judging by the majority, they seem to do a pretty good job on the whole. I can appreciate that it’s disappointing when something isn’t right, (and I’d possibly the first to complain to the right people) but as others have said, mistakes do happen. I’d be so bold as to suggest that the OP has made at least one mistake in their lifetime?

I have a son who is currently an officer in the military (together with other members of the family), and I served my 30 years in the Police, but I cannot understand why you (or I) should get any preferential treatment because of that. What makes you (or me) any better than anyone else. I know of a very well respected member of this forum who is a currently serving officer in the forces (and I am in great awe of him!), but not only is he a very clever man, but also a gentleman, and I don’t see him publicly ranting or using his occupation as a lever.

The OP is disabled, and whilst I have every sympathy (if they want it?) with anyone who has a disability, I do get fed up of certain individuals constantly playing the “I’m disabled” card. In my limited experience, the people who are significantly disabled want to be treated as anyone else would, and it’s the ones who are trying to prove a point who bang on about it. I am not pointing a finger, it’s just an observation.

I’m sure that you’ll get your car sorted, but if you aren’t careful you will need an ambulance to cart you off to hospital as you’ll give yourself a stroke. And please don’t attempt to drive yourself! I spent ten years as a Collision Investigator (no, no, please, there’s no need) and have seen the results of people driving with medical conditions when they shouldn’t have been, and it isn’t pleasant especially if it involves an innocent third party.

Whistle

Post #18974104th Jan 2018 4:49 pm
Tanglewood

United Kingdom 

^^^^^^

What he said. Don't wave the vet card please, there is simply no need. Thumbs Up

Post #18974114th Jan 2018 4:49 pm
lynalldiscovery

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I have to be honest if your car is mission critical why did you choose any land rover product!

Post #18974304th Jan 2018 5:09 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

also couldn’t agree with what’s been said , mistakes happen and i’ve always found steve at advanced to be extremely helpful

as far as i’m concerned there’s more in life to worry about than getting the wrong part

Post #18974434th Jan 2018 5:28 pm
Ja92mie

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

AF have made a mistake with an order of mine before, a simple phone call and they bend over backwards to help and put things right.

Post #18974524th Jan 2018 5:52 pm
dubbs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

therso wrote:
No, they haven't offered to fix at all. All they've done is offered my money back if I return the items at my bloody inconvenience! 'He should have realised.........', of course he bloody realised which is why he phoned me to tell me they were the wrong parts FFS!

I'm ex-Forces so I don't suffer fools. Chill out.....really?

"ex-forces so I don't suffer fools" - Rolling with laughter - blowing our own trumpet much?! I'm sure it's the pent up anger talking but you'd do well to read what you type a couple of times or taking breath first as you just come across as an intolerant, impatient, rude, twit - and I'm absolutely sure that's neither the case or what you intend.

Sounds like you've had a bad rap - being ex-forces doesn't preclude you from being understanding or understanding from another human's perspective - mistakes happen.

What they should have done is listened as you calmly explained the issue then issued out the correct set on as fat a service, preferably next day pre9am delivery so your indy could sort it for you. If they didn't offer that and were stand off-ish then that's not good - although judging by your tone and manner on here I'd guess that may have come across in your phone conversation and maybe made matters worse.
 MY15 DIY Black Pack (Better than factory and half the price!)
Prospeed rock/tree sliders w/steps
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #18974614th Jan 2018 5:58 pm
D&G

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

"you catch more flies with honey than vinegar."

Springs to mind. Thumbs Up
 An honorable defeat is better than a dishonorable victory.” ― Millard Fillmore

2006 Disco 3
Gas Gas 300ec / Gas Gas tx249 / Bandit 1250
XR 650r / Pajero 2.8 Lifted and Safari Snorkel-gone. 

Post #18974634th Jan 2018 6:04 pm
Robert SausageTrousers

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 4
Re: Furious! Bloody Furious!

therso wrote:
I've just got off the phone to one of this site's major sponsors and I'm bloody furious!

Ten minutes ago my Indy called me and informed me that the silicone hose set supplied to them by me does not fit. He said they were for the TDV6 engine and not the SDV6. I immediately contacted the supplier and they called me back to confirm they were for the former engine but that information had been omitted from their website and would be rectified immediately. Well, bully for you and thank you for your apology............takes another deep breath........... If I return them I will receive a full refund. That's okay then, isn't it?

No, it bloody well is not okay. My Indy squeezed me in to do this job as he knows that I am a disabled Veteran assessed with 100% disability so my Disco is literally my lifeline as I have a need to get to hospital without delay in certain medical circumstances. The only vehicle I trust in all conditions is my Discovery. Anyway, the staff member with whom I spoke gave the impression of, "Couldn't care less. I've said we're sorry and offered a refund", I must be fair at this point as he did ask me what I wanted. I want the right f*****g part, mate, that's what I want!

So Advanced Factors, and at this point another big breath to remain calm, you've f****d up and in doing so have caused me great inconvenience, someone else will have to sort the return out for me and then all will be well, won't it? Someone at this company wants a Size 12 up their Censored .

Laughing

Post #18974694th Jan 2018 6:14 pm
DavidSally

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Reading this has given me good laugh. Is it April Fools day already?

With regards to Steve and AF, I’ve only experienced good service from them.
Suppliers are people and people can make mistakes - it’s what makes us human - get over it before the heart attack arrives.

Post #18974734th Jan 2018 6:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
geoff.

England 

wow therso what a way to conduct your self , pick your toys up and put them back in the pram bud and have a large one Thumbs Up

Post #18974764th Jan 2018 6:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >