Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Guy Salmon Bristol - 48k service feedback
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Iguana

Ukraine 
Guy Salmon Bristol - 48k service feedback

I've never had to use a main dealer before for servicing, but wanted to make sure that the 48k service got the LR stamp.

After Taunton LR couldn't be bothered to ring me back, I tried Guy Salmon Bristol and they were really pleasant and responsive on the phone and I got the service booked without any issues - took about 10 mins to register my D4 and find a suitable date

Yesterday was the service day and I got to them at 8:15 got a lovely cup of coffee and was seen my Alice at the service desk, very friendly, very helpful and within 15 mins I was sat in a Disco Sport and on my way home (Please don't laugh, but I really enjoyed having it for the day Laughing )

Got a call at around 11am to say wipers needing replacing, then another call at 4 to say car was washed and ready

Arrived at 5, got a detailed overview of the service and work carried out, checked the loan car, got a mince pie and cuppa, paid the bill and off I went

None of the above is rocket science, but it can all go wrong far too easily. but my experience worked as it should be, so 'Well done' to Guy Salmon, made my first stealer experience a very good one Thumbs Up

ps - well except the price part Whistle Laughing
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #188970012th Dec 2017 10:13 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

That's good to hear Thumbs Up

They filled my DEF up for me on my previous Landmark, which had the service plan, so no charge. They also offered to wash it, but I was in a rush. Good coffee I seem to remember.

Since the demise of TH White, I now go to MJ Fews for servicing and warranty work. A little bit further up the M5 for you, but they are a fair bit cheaper. Loan car is a Fiesta, but you get the impression that they're genuine enthusiasts. DiscoDunc recommended them to me and so far they've been excellent.
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #188972813th Dec 2017 12:04 am
sailorboi

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I have used them a few times being only just down the road for various things over the 10years and they have always been very helpful and a pleasant experience over all Thumbs Up

I have not used them for a few years so is nice to hear they are still one of the better ones. Maybe not the price though Rolling with laughter
 07 Java Black TD V6 D3, EGRs Blanked, Tow bar, Full dog guard & divider, LED Spots , DRLs, GG ATs, RLD Sump guard, RLD Spare Wheel Protector, D4 LED Rear Lights, Limo tints on boot and Midnight tint on rear windows, Kenwood screen with Garmin nav, Rear cameras, D4 Steering wheel with flappy paddles, T-max split charge system, Tree sliders, Prospeed roof rack & Ladder, Alisport fast road inter cooler,

Massey Ferguson 35x
Sankey Narrow Track Camping Trailer (Gone but to a great home) 

Post #188973113th Dec 2017 1:24 am
Iguana

Ukraine 

LT wrote:

Since the demise of TH White, I now go to MJ Fews for servicing and warranty work. A little bit further up the M5 for you, but they are a fair bit cheaper. Loan car is a Fiesta, but you get the impression that they're genuine enthusiasts. DiscoDunc recommended them to me and so far they've been excellent.

May have to look them up, I've always used Woody on the D3, but he suggested keeping the LR stamp as it may help when my engine dies on me Shocked Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #188974813th Dec 2017 8:04 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Now no inventing problems go bo back and chat to "my Alice". Whistle Whistle

Post #188975213th Dec 2017 8:27 am
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Iguana wrote:
LT wrote:

May have to look them up, I've always used Woody on the D3, but he suggested keeping the LR stamp as it may help when my engine dies on me Shocked Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

MJ Fews were main dealers for decades, but they wouldn't tow the corporate line, so now they are a fully supported Land Rover Service Centre. All the staff wear LR clothing etc. but the premises aren't swanky and although they sell a lot of used LR's they can't sell new ones. Significantly cheaper though, so I don't care. More importantly they're a local business that really care.
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #188981013th Dec 2017 11:55 am
comedyharvey

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I’ve used Guy Salmon a few times over the years, very good, good service and staff, but they are not cheap. Mind you, I did get a rather splendid Christmas Pudding off them a couple of years back Laughing

Agree with LT about MJ Fews at Charfield. Bit out in the sticks but only 5 minutes or so from M5 junction 14.

Arthur.
Comedy was a horse, Harvey a dog, both sadly gone. Thought I was choosing a password!

Currently;
Discovery 3 HSE 2009
101" Fwd. Control 1976
Nuffield 10/90 Tractor (10/60 with 6 cylinder conversion) 1964

Previously;
Series III Lightweight. 1976. 

Post #188981813th Dec 2017 12:28 pm
stick

United Kingdom 2010 LR4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Izmir BlueLR4

Might upset you to know how much new wipers cost you....I heard someone paid £115 fitted from another dealer..charged 0.2 hours and LR wiper price. £22 if you fit Bosch yourself.
 d4 HSE  
Post #188982113th Dec 2017 12:52 pm
cornishboy

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi Iguana,

We must of been there at the service desk at the same time!!!! if we only knew.... I was the one complaining about a seven seater loaner (agreed weeks before), if you heard the conversation. they tried to give me a three door evoke and I eventually got a DS 7 seater.

Anyway I use them every major service and they have always been very good to me.

Post #188991113th Dec 2017 5:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >