Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Wheels & Tyres

How are you getting on with the new AT3's
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I tow a caravan a few times a years and the car is fully loaded when we do. I'm not saying the Q rated tyres are no good but I'd just feel better with the higher rating. I've got Duratracs on now and wouldn't hesitate to put them back on if they where still S rated.

Also heard good things about the AT3's so will be happy with them, I hope Thumbs Up
 D4 MY15 SE TECH
D3 gone but never forgotten. 

Post #184212929th Jul 2017 7:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Somerset Bumpkin

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Got mine fitted today. First impressions are very good. No extra road noise, very pointy on the black stuff and much more comfortable than the zeros.

So yes, very impressed today driving about on flooded roads. The extra sidewall (55 profile on 20") obviously helps in the comfort department. Also I find the zeros change behaviour dramatically when they are about 50% worn, go from a good tyre to a poor one, so the step up from that is obvious (had about 2-3mm left).

Best of all though is that they look the absolute business. Great looking tyre and the larger profile fills the arches very nicely indeed.

Post #184266931st Jul 2017 5:47 pm
Somerset Bumpkin

Well after 50 miles I got a puncture. From the light coming on the dash and me slowing safely and pulling over I managed to turn the sidewall into mush. Didn't matter anyway and the tyre was irrepairable due to a large slice.

Annoyingly I was just driving along, didn't see anything just heard something. The slice in the tyre appears to go around the edge of one of the tread blocks which looks fishy to me. I mean, it's the first puncture I've had in over 100k miles, and it happens on these brand new tyres with a massive slice that perfectly matches a tread block.

Oh well, ordered another one. Debating wether to get another and fix to spare as my spare is the now the wrong size zero and had I not been able to borrow a car I would have been stuck.

Post #18435383rd Aug 2017 9:14 am
alfamale

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

That's bloody bad luck, Somerset. At least I was playing when I FUBAR'd mine within a few days of having hem fitted. Big Cry
 Front Runner Rack, OEM Ladder & RAI, Tuff-Trek Foxwing, B'rakhah Ingonyama Expedition Trailer, RLD's Spare Wheel Protector, Bodsy's Bars, Empty Pockets! Member of Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response.

Post #18435593rd Aug 2017 9:54 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

SB any pic of this slice?

Post #18435753rd Aug 2017 10:26 am
Somerset Bumpkin

No but I'll post one up when new tyre arrives as I left the wheel at my local garage.

Proper bad luck or a funky tyre I think. Car was fully loaded up for a last minute dash with he family down to the Dorset coast too! Love emptying a boot of the side of a road in the rain..

Post #18435833rd Aug 2017 10:48 am
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 

The General AT3 is proving to be one of the very best all round tyres available.

I am running them myself on my truck and the wife's L/Cruiser, we now have many, many customers very happy with the performance of these tyres.

Post #184620711th Aug 2017 9:26 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >