Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

How good is a D3?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
lawman

How good is a D3?

Very Happy Finally got the chance to drive it today (TDV6HSE) after a tough week at work. Well, how brilliant is this car? If you ask me, it has the ride of the new Jaguar XJ (almost bought one last year) but the suspension actually reacts more quickly and of course it can go anywhere. I totally disagree with some mag' reviews that the interior feels a bit low rent. It is functional, classy and isn't trying too hard - anyone for fake wood and carbon fibre? Simply - a very pleasant and relaxing place to be and so quiet (is this why it's SO heavy - so much soundproofing?). The auto box is incredibly smooth and jerk free although I suspect that it stays in the lowest possible gear it reasonably can in case we need to accelerate and so it can avoid a couple of downshifts in one hit. I played around with the 'manual' side of it and am fairly sure about this. Could be another reason why the economy isn't great in straight auto mode. Nevertheless, I managed an average of 29 after 75 miles on an A road and small village roads with plenty of hills and faffing around trying to park in a small village. Really pleased! Razz

Post #448211th Jun 2005 9:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >