Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Got it last firday and its great, but...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

For a faster start from rest, you could try increasing the throttle while holding the brakes. Can avoid the turbo lag this way. Also have seen people saying that setting TR to sand mode gives a quicker start as well.
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #989125th Nov 2006 1:04 am
Baldrick

Ireland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Got my make who is service manager to take it for a spin last night. Said he drives the tdv6 differenly, not putting foot to floor, but by giving partial throttle and when it sarts to respond he gives more. Did seem to accelerate quicker doing this. He said the s type jags have the same type of issue. He couldn't say whether mine was slower, so will have to compare it to another tdv6 next week.

I had tried using foot on the brake but mate believes that will cause a conflict in the management software. He couldn't remember exactly what, but said he'd check
Thanks for all the feedback
 2007 MY Irish spec S+ TDV6  
Post #989465th Nov 2006 2:56 pm
randalls

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

mine is definately better after I had it 'enhanced' last week, I had a good second or so lag more or less always, after the enhancement this lag has almost gone. It's still slightly there but 99% better than it was. Maybe the latest software & engine map enhancement may help.
 Bow downSheep 2007 TDV6 HSE 'Silver Lady'. With 'free' privacy glass LOL.
Taking the greenpi$$ is: Green taxing your citizens more & using some of the money to buy nukes.Bow downSheep 

Post #989815th Nov 2006 6:39 pm
bkehoe

One would assume that a brand new MY07 would have the latest software though.

I'd say it'll sort itself out. You aren't used to how the D3 drives yet, and it's not used to you! Wink The gearbox takes a while to get to know your driving style.

e.g. any time mine looses it's adaptive settings I find it changes up a lot later than it eventually does (i.e. rpm goes higher), and I get worse fuel economy for 500 miles or so.

Post #989845th Nov 2006 7:12 pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Baldrick wrote:
Said he drives the tdv6 differenly, not putting foot to floor, but by giving partial throttle and when it sarts to respond he gives more.

I would agree with this. Mine certainly pulls away quicker if I put my foot down slowly, let it start moving then floor it. If I just floor it from standstill, there is that delay when it does nothing.
 Matt  
Post #989995th Nov 2006 9:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dbregman

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Not sure if this would cause the issue, or if it applies to the UK, but here in the US there was a voluntary recall:

SOME SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES MAY HAVE FUEL TANKS THAT CONTAIN AN INTERNAL BREATHER PIPE THAT WAS NOT MADE TO SPECIFICATION. THIS COULD RESULT IN EXCESSIVE SWELLING AND CRACKING OF A GROMMET AND SUBSEQUENT DETACHMENT OF THE BREATHER PIPE FROM A CONNECTOR TUBE. WHEN THE FUEL LEVEL IN THE TANK IS ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE DETACHED JOINT, FUEL MAY THEN ENTER THE BREATHER PIPE.
Consequence:
THE DRIVER MAY NOTICE FUEL ODOR, DRIVABILITY CONCERNS SUCH AS HESITATION, MISFIRE, STALLING, ROUGH RUNNING, OR DIFFICULTY IN STARTING AND THE 'CHECK ENGINE' LIGHT MAY BE ILLUMINATED. IF THE AMOUNT OF FUEL FLOWING INTO THE BREATHER PIPE REACHES THE VAPOR CANISTER AND EXCEEDS ITS CAPACITY, THE EXCESS FUEL MAY BE DISCHARGED ONTO THE GROUND. FUEL LEAKAGE IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE COULD RESULT IN A FIRE.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FUEL TANKS. THE RECALL BEGAN ON OCTOBER 24, 2005. OWNERS MAY CONTACT LAND ROVER AT 1-800-637-6837.
Notes:
LAND ROVER RECALL NO. B016. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

Post #992606th Nov 2006 6:57 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Yes ...this has been posted previously ...in fact I'm sure this came out in 2005 Rolling Eyes
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #992616th Nov 2006 7:00 pm
bkehoe

And for petrol

Post #992916th Nov 2006 8:57 pm
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Baldrick wrote:
Did a 0-100km check on the way to dealer

In Sport mode it took 14.5 seconds approx
In Command Shift it was 13.5

You need your car TurboChipping you do! 240 horses and 400lb ft of torque will knock seconds off those times. Check out the banner ad at the top of this site of ours and give 'em a ring!
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #993887th Nov 2006 9:13 am
Baldrick

Ireland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Drove an 06 TDV6 at the dealer. It reacts about a second quicker, as in the pause when I put my foot down. Hard to tell if there is any difference once they're accelerating Very noticeable. Very strange................. They contact me on Monday about bringing in it.
 2007 MY Irish spec S+ TDV6  
Post #10097511th Nov 2006 9:22 pm
XX03

United Kingdom 

Better still slow down and stop rushing around, the D3 is not a racing car, you should be slouching back and taking all the time in the world whilst enjoying the comfort your hard earned cash has just provided.
Allow the other motorist's to get a chance to appreciate a full dose of 'Permagrin'.

Post #10256717th Nov 2006 1:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rhewj

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackLR3

My 05 did what the dealer called engine surge or aka slow to respond on excelleration. They did a reconfig on the computer and all is well now but and there it is again that big 'ol but.....but it still has a little lag but very little. And if I'm not mistaken the remap was done on the transmission as well as the engine. A kind of combo computer upgrade.

Hope this helps.
 2002 Vienna Green Disco II = Hers
2005 LR3 SE Java Black = His 

Post #10265717th Nov 2006 5:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >