DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Greenlaning = Big scratches.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
marc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
Greenlaning = Big scratches.

Hi,

On Sunday last I had a go on a greenlane near to my parents house, which started off as a nice gravel track with grass in the centre (you know the type) but soon it turned into a deeply rutted field and continued down the side of a boundary near to a hawthorn hedge..

After 200 metres or so of quite hard driving I reached the end of the field and noticed that the tracks went through a narrow gap in the hedge, but just in front of that there was a very large rut (which I think the car would have grounded on).

The only option was to drive near the hedge to just miss the rut therefore my wife jumped out to spot me through and we managed to get the front of the car got past the rut with only a little scratching from the hedge but as the rear neared the rut I had to give it 'more welly' to prevent the rear dropping in.

This produced a nice screech down the side of the car with a grimace from myself and my wife’s face. Embarassed

Anyway I have now got two or three lovely white scratches down the drivers side rear wing of my car Crying or Very sad . They don't feel like they have gone through the paintwork but they do look like its gone into something because when I wet them they disappear until they dry out.

I have had the paint protector insurance thing the LR sell at purchase but I don't think it covers me for self inflicted scratches.

Does anyone know a good product that can remove scratches??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Marc
 Disco 3 now gone!!

Discovery 3 S spec 2.7 V6 Diesel. Smile

Previous Car to D3: Seat Leon Cupra R with a nice 280 bhp...... Sad to see it go Sad 

Post #208711th Apr 2005 9:44 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
andyb

Hi Marc

try T-cut Colour match. I had some small scratches on my Java Black and using T Cut Black gave very good results.
 TDV6 HSE Java Black
Alpaca Interior
Side Chrome Bars
Rear Privacy Glass 

Post #212412th Apr 2005 8:28 am
BN

England 

Marc, why worry, thats what the car is for, not parking on the pavement to take the kids to school. Bit like fencing (not the rural type) a cut on the side of the face with a sabre shows your metal (no pun). On the serious side, you will be hard pushed to remove scratches which go down to the white metal protector coats. We are well versed in LR damage and it sounds like a bit of a spray job sadly. Bear the scars with pride.

Post #217112th Apr 2005 4:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >