DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Greetings all
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nikko

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Greetings all

Hi there folks

I'd like to start out my first post on this board by thanking you all for providing a wealth of information that has reenforced my decision to buy a Disco3, tales of woe not withstanding. You have also provided some tips on what to get the dealer to do PDI. For example. getting my phone software upgraded so that the Nokia (63somthing-i) works with a cradle. And getting them to check the struts. Now that there is only a couple of weeks to go before the beast arrives - anyone want to buy a 530d?

The change in wheels has been prompted my the arrival of a puppy to add to our collection of two young boys, but I had a hell of a time convincing my wife to accept the Disco. When I met her I was driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 (LHD) and she stated many times since that it was the most comfortable car I've ever had. In the meantime, she's swallowed all that bo**ocks from the anti 4x4 lobby and can regurgitate it at will. I got her to agree on the basis that I would only use Bio-diesel. Luckily, nobody sells it round here Laughing

So, enough of me. Can I ask the experienced heads on this board whether there are any other requests for my dealer before I hand over the cash? Many thanks in advance.

N
 TD6 HSE, Bonetti Grey/Alpaca  
Post #5804614th May 2006 8:15 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Welcome to D3 land. Thumbs Up
Your car sound identical to mine, HSE grey with alpacca. 8)

Have a look at the thread re seat covers marking, just had my D3 3 weeks & back to the dealer Tuesday re dye coming out of the covers & staining the leather. Also I wouldn't tell your wife that the manual has dire warnings re biodeisel, i.e. totlly incompatable, least not til after U get the keys & pay the bill. Wink Just in case she finds the one garage in the country that sells it.

Derek

Post #5804814th May 2006 8:42 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Hello and welcome! you have chosen wisely!

Post #5804914th May 2006 8:52 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >