DISCO3.CO.UK > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

Group Buy Discussion
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

kaney wrote:
any suggestions

I suggest that there are no real bargains any more on eBay- certainly not on new / nearly new things like D3 accessories.

I reckon it would be cheaper to find a dealer willing to do a group 'bulk purchase' on a particular item. It looks like there would be a good dozen or so people willing to buy certain items - detachable tow ball, seat covers, light guards, mats.

I seem to recall that someone said recently that the Chesterfield dealer was giving him approx 25% of LR list price for accessories. I wonder how low they would go for a group buy?
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #264996th Nov 2005 9:32 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

kevinlally wrote:
I reckon it would be cheaper to find a dealer willing to do a group 'bulk purchase' on a particular item. It looks like there would be a good dozen or so people willing to buy certain items - detachable tow ball, seat covers, light guards, mats.

I seem to recall that someone said recently that the Chesterfield dealer was giving him approx 25% of LR list price for accessories. I wonder how low they would go for a group buy?

That seems to work well on the MINI forum - one dealer who offers a good discount is used to supply a batch of parts/accessories for a group buy. I'd say go for it Smile
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #265026th Nov 2005 9:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Martin wrote:
kevinlally wrote:

That seems to work well on the MINI forum - one dealer who offers a good discount is used to supply a batch of parts/accessories for a group buy. I'd say go for it Smile

Maybe we can approach a dealer who may like to advertise on the site and give a bit of discount, triple whammy maybe, more sales for dealer, we get a discount and site gets a boost.

Post #265056th Nov 2005 10:15 pm
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Excellent idea BN

So who has the best relationship with their dealer?

Post #265126th Nov 2005 11:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Cliff H wrote:
Excellent idea BN

So who has the best relationship with their dealer?

Blinking heck, I have a good one, does that mean I have to ask them now?? Shocked

Post #265136th Nov 2005 11:39 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

There is a dealer that will give a good discount but they mucked Martin around on the advertising side of things, if that issue can be resolved I'm sure we can happily promote their business in return for a healthy discount.

No I'm not naming names but if anyone from the dealership or any other dealers for that matter is reading this and is would like to get a good steady flow of business in return for advertising on the site and offering a decent discount I sugget you contact Martin soon
 The End  
Post #265156th Nov 2005 11:54 pm
BN

England 

Slimer wrote:
There is a dealer that will give a good discount but they mucked Martin around on the advertising side of things, if that issue can be resolved I'm sure we can happily promote their business in return for a healthy discount.

No I'm not naming names but if anyone from the dealership or any other dealers for that matter is reading this and is would like to get a good steady flow of business in return for advertising on the site and offering a decent discount I sugget you contact Martin soon

Have to join you there, another company who promissed sponsorship are holding back, so need to do some work there also.

Post #265177th Nov 2005 12:04 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >