PegLeg20th May 2008 12:56 pmPegLeg is confirmed
AndrewW22nd May 2008 10:23 amAndrewW is confirmed
gilmore22nd May 2008 9:50 pmgilmore is confirmed
tintenter23rd May 2008 10:46 amtintenter is confirmed
MW25th May 2008 10:40 amMW is confirmed
Pikey25th May 2008 11:33 pmPikey is confirmed

TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Hmm, I am a bit like British rail, take a while, but get there in the end. After having the battery in for a long time bolted down, finally finished the wiring this weekend (helped the wife was away, so I could strip the car down and leave it in pieces without it being driven away when I was not looking!).

No pictures yet, will have to stick some up...

Post #34413915th Sep 2008 2:28 pm
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

TP where did you get your IBS from in the end, lots of pages so I may have missed the key post.

I am considering one of these as the 180 or 200 amp relay to me seems a better choice in supporting the primary battery if flat.

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #34609318th Sep 2008 10:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

I bought mine from Venture Overland, who were very helpful initially, but to be honest Jon there got a bit nasty/funny when I asked him to price match TBRUK who had a lower price by initially agreeing then being funny and claiming they made no profit, and that the TBRUK price was a mistake on their website etc.

I still bought from Venture as they had given me advice but I was less than impressed with their attitude and conduct at the end and will not do business with them again.

Just my experience mind.

The prices seem to have gone up recently:

http://tbruk.com/index.html?lang=en-uk&target=d34.html

The new "microprocessor" model is now out, I have the standard BM3. The new one has slightly different markings on the LED's, and is supposed to link the batteries when charging is detected in reverse, i.e. the aux battery may have a solar panel on it, if its full it will link and then charge both batteries.

Sorry for slow answer, forum does not always send emails when threads get as long as this one, seems random, did not know you had replied to the thread.

Post #35199330th Sep 2008 9:41 am
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Cheers TP

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #35210830th Sep 2008 1:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bornslippy

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Finally got around to fixing the second battery - or at least started to when I discovered that I was missing the 500061 bolt. I can see that there was a discussion about bolts and my name was mentioned but the resolution seemed to be that I ended up one down...

No worries, Laughing if someone has it sitting around then stick it in to the post to me otherwise I will just pick up another next saturday from Hunters.
 Very Black 07 HSE. Sometimes with added mud. Sometimes towing a boat. Always grinning.  
Post #3709619th Nov 2008 2:28 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Hey Bornslippy.

I ended up with two long bolts, which meant two short bolts were with your battery. I got Richard to post me a short one so I could get my battery in, so I then had you spare long bolt. Richard asked me to post the bolt on directly when he sent your bits on back in September, which I did it was Sep 22nd he sent me the PM and I put in the post the next day.

So you should have got one in the post, and one with the battery?

Paul

Post #3709909th Nov 2008 4:37 pm
Bornslippy

It's gone missing - no worries I'll just visit the stealer.

Cheers
 Very Black 07 HSE. Sometimes with added mud. Sometimes towing a boat. Always grinning.  
Post #3710289th Nov 2008 5:53 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

bornslippy - sent you a PM, royal Mail just bought your bolt back Shocked Rolling Eyes

They claim its 6p under postage, but I did weight it, so I can only assume its the new rules about how thick a letter is which they randomly enforce (RichieP sent it to me in an envelope ok). Not sure why it took a month to get back here, it says on the sticker on it they processed it on the 23rd September!

Anyway, if you did not get a replacement, let me know, and its back in the post after another weigh and perhaps a jiffy bag this time!

I know the country's falling apart, the rail network is defunct (as I found to my peril Friday) and the government is running us up to our armpits in debt, but I can't believe Royal Mail is now so bad!...

Post #37823224th Nov 2008 12:25 pm
Bornslippy

Yes RoyalMail is totally going to pot. Sadly, although change was needed its a case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater, and IMHO we have to be careful we don't do the same to the Beeb... Sad
I suspect the Royal Mail peeps hate the new rules as well. They have to add a pound handling fee whenever it happens, but typically just ignore it anyway.

On this occasion there was no card...duh.

My wife once sent out a mailshot advertising her business to over 100 people, but fell foul of the envelope size rules....you can imagine how amusing it was when most of them had to pay 106p for the privelege of picking her flyer up from their local sorting office. Whistle

I had ordered one from Hunters but I can cancel that. Don't worry about a jiffy bag- it's just a bolt so it's hardly going to break!

Cheers
Post #37824124th Nov 2008 12:55 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

I was thinking more of a jiffy to make sure it was a "packet" not a "letter", jiffy bags come FOC from the office so its no issue, will stick it in the post today - its no use to me as I already have two bolts Wink

(but my split charge system currently has no outlet sockets, so is limited in application!)

Post #37824724th Nov 2008 1:06 pm
Bornslippy

GOT IT ! Bow down
Post #37881225th Nov 2008 12:16 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Sorry it took a month! Laughing

Post #37881325th Nov 2008 12:26 pm
AndrewW

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Is this the longest Group Buy thread in history? Whistle
 2006 D3 finally swapped for a 2016 D4 Graphite in Graphite grey. No mods  
Post #37895525th Nov 2008 7:22 pm
Bornslippy

AndrewW wrote:
Is this the longest Group Buy thread in history? Whistle

Finally fitted the battery today (without any issues), so yes probably.... Rolling with laughter
Post #38808914th Dec 2008 8:13 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

FINALLY!!! Laughing Laughing Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #38818414th Dec 2008 10:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 16 of 17 <123 ... 151617>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >